Chapter 4.

My mother always told me that just by the smell and looking into your mates eyes, you'd be able to tell who it was right away, and she was right.

This man standing in front of me is my mate. We still haven't broken eye contact, and I don't think I want to.

He moves his right hand up towards my face like he's going to skim his fingers over my cheek. " You look amazing." He says. When his fingers touch my cheek I can't help but lean into the touch, tingles spread throughout my skin. Good tingles though.

" Thanks, you don't look to bad yourself." I manage to say. Wait  did I really just say that?

He chuckles lightly and the corners of his mouth twitch up in a small smile. " What's a girl like you doing deep in the woods by yourself?" He asks gently.

" I just went for a run cause I was mad." I say, wait why did I tell him that? I don't know him, but I felt like I could tell him right away.

He just studies me for a couple seconds. His fingers leave my cheek and his head snaps to the right and a growl comes from him, and I now know why. Twigs are snapping under the weight of paws from huge wolfs coming towards us.

He steps in front of me in a protective way.

' Aww he's already protective of us.' Says my wolf excitedly.

' Shut up, now is not the time.' I say back.

My mate then stares out into the woods where the noise was coming from.

Two giant wolfs then come around a tree, they were huge and solid black with red eyes like the rogues that attacked me and Tasha at my house.

As the crept closer my mate let out a loud snarl. " Get away from us!" He snarled.

' Us. I like the sound of that.' My wolf says.

In other circumstances I would have smiled and rolled my eyes at that, but given the situation we're in, I don't.

There's another snarl behind me and I flip around to see another wolf behind me.

When I look back behind me for my mate I see he's not there. ' WHAT?! WHERE DID HE GO??!!! ' I yell in my mind.

The wolfs snarled and jumped forward, nearly at me. I jumped back and let's out a small yelp of fear.

The same one snarled louder and lunged for me. Just before it gets to me a flash of grey fur is seen and something crashes into the other wolf.

As these two wolfs tumble to the ground, the grey one pins the other down and bites it's neck, it's a fast defeat for the big black wolf, but the grey wolf is bigger and more powerful.

The second the black wolf goes limp and changes back into a person showing us it's dead, the grey wolf stand in front of me protectively, this grey wolf is my mate.

I already knew that of corse, it was clear when I saw the grey fur and blue eyes.

The other two black wolf step closer. Their rogues. Man what is it with all the rogues here tonight coming after me?!!

Just before these two rogues lunge for us, their heads snap up and turn to the right. They snarled at us then took off into the woods.

Once they were gone my mates head looked at me, then he takes off behind a tree. When he comes back, he's dressed in those shorts again.

He walks forward and grabs my hand, then starts dragging me deeper into the woods. Now I'm confused. " Hey what do you think your doing?" I say stoping him from pulling me along.

" We need to get out of here. You are my mate and I must keep you safe. It's my job. Your not leaving my side while their are rogues running free." He says pulling me forward again.

I sigh in irritation and stop him yet again, though it was harder this time. " First of all, as much as I want to go with you, I can't." I say.

He stops trying to pull me along and stares at me with wide eyes. " Why not?" He says.

" Because, I'm the daughter of the bête in this pack, I have work to do here and my dad is very strict. You have no idea what he would go through to find me if I went missing." I says. He nods in understanding. Though I see a hint of disappointment in his blue eyes.

" The other reason is I don't know your name and you don't know mine." I say.

He gives me a small smile. " My names Conner." He says.

Conner, I like that name.

' So do I. ' my wolf says.

I smile. " I'm Amber."

" Amber." He says almost like he's testing out my name. " I like that name. It suits you. A beautiful name for a beautiful woman."

" Thanks." I say. Now blushing.

" Your cute when you blush." He states. After he said that the blush deepened a bit more. I know he could see the blush cause of werewolf sight.

I then get a idea. " Why don't you come back with me." I say.

He then looks at me with sorry eyes. " Oh Amber. I would love to, bur I can't. No one can see me." He says.

I give him a confused look. He's making no sense. " Of corse people can see you. I mean why couldn't they?!" I exclaim.

" No no no, you don't understand." He says.

" Then help me to."

He sighs and looks like he has no idea what to say or how to explain. " It's just complicated and I promise I will explain everything in time, but not here and not now."

I nod in understanding, but I can't help but be curious. I'm glad though, next time I see him, he will hopefully answer some of my questions and I'll finally know more about him.

" Will I see you tomorrow?" I ask.

He grins. " Of course you will." He says.

My grin widens. ' Amber, you better get back here, your dad is about to throw a fit.' Says Tasha over mind link.

I sigh. ' On my way.' I say back.

" I better get moving before my dad comes looking for me. My friend just told me to come back caused dads about to throw a fit." I say.

" Ok, but after the fight with the rogues I'm walking you to the forest line." He says. He's acting protective of me, and my wolf and I are ok with that.

I nod my head yes, cause I'm ok with it. We then start walking.

Well I found my mate, but he can't let anyone see him, I'm not sure why yet, but he said he'd tell me soon.

He cute, sweet and protective, and on top of that it feels like power radiates off him and I'm not sure what it is, but I can't wait to find out. He's also fierce and a good fighter, plus he's very strong, and I like that.

' I love it a lot.' Says my wolf.

I agree with her and I don't even need to reply for her to know that.

Connor and I are soon at the forest line on the dark to where no one can see us. " I'll meet you here tomorrow night." Says Connor.

" I'll be here by midnight." I say.

He smiles and starts to back up deeper into the woods. " Goodnight Amber. See you tomorrow."

He then disappears for sight, but not ear shot. " Good night Connor." I say. I know he heard me.

My wolf is so happy we found our mate. I turn and head back to my house to face my father with a huge smile plastered on my face. I can't get rid of it and to be honest. I don't really want to.

Comment and vote.