Chapter 21.

After Connor and I talked a while, we laid down and looked at the night sky.

I was laying with my head on his chest and he had his arm around me.

I still can't believe Alpha Conan is his father.

It's hard to believe, but I now know what the huge amount of power around him is.

My mate Connor is the son of an Alpha. No wonder his wolf is huge.

" What are you thinking about Amber?" Says Connor.

I look up at him. " Just thinking through everything that you told me." I say.

He nods. " I know you would never do anything like that, and you got the scars to prove to your father that you didn't do it. We just got to get him to listen." I say.

" He'll never listen. He never did. " he said.

I then become confused. " What do you mean?" I ask.

" When I was growing up he never did anything with me unless it involved training. I looked to my mom for everything. He always took a different side other then mine, unless mom was there to tell him otherwise." Says Connor.

" That kinda sounds like him. From what I've heard anyway." I say.

Connor manages a small smile. " Ok onto another subject. My wolf is going crazy. Do you want to go for a run?" He asks.

I nod and smile cause it really does sound like fun and my wolfs all for it right now.

We get up and go behind different trees. I quickly slip out of my clothes and shift into my white wolf.

I then run out from behind the tree to see him just as he walks around the tree he shifted behind.

His blue eyes soon found me. He walked over. He nudges me and walks a few steps to the right wanting me to follow. To which I do.

We take off running through the woods. Me following him. I don't know where he's leading me, I'm just happy I'm able to go for another run with him.

Soon enough we come to another huge clearing where a large lake was.

The moonlight shines off the water making it look beautiful.

Connor and I walk around the edge of lake side by side.

I have never been allowed to run around our territory by myself. No ones ever allowed me.

Now that I have Connor we can enjoy our time running around.

I've never been here to this part, so I had no idea there was a lake this far in the woods.

I then hear Connor growl and stop walking. I stop right after and back up next to him.

He's staring across the lake. I look and see three wolves. I can't tell if their from this pack or if their rogues.

I have to be close enough to tell. I look at Connors wolf. He looks and me and then back at them.

He walks forwards slowly. ' He's going to go check them out and see if their enemies.' Says my wolf.

' I'm going with him in case it's people from our pack.' I say back, I then run after him carefully.

Soon I'm behind him and together we slowly walk around the lake towards the three wolves.

The grass is pretty high here so for extra cover we crouch down and slowly crawl closer.

As we get closer the three wolves shift into human form.

We freeze and lay down in the grass.

They don't sense is yet, but we're close enough to hear them.

" Where did he say this girl would be?" Says one of the guys.

" He said her house is that way." Says another pointing in the direction of my house.

Wait! My house!!

" So we go there and attack whoever tries to protect her, grab her and leave?" Says the third one.

" No. We check to see how many people are in her house, what rank their in and tell the boss. He the. With decide how many others will come with us. We will then kill whoever is in that house, kidnap her and turn her over to our boss as ordered. Is that understood?" Says the guy who is apparently in charge.

Connor softly growls. " Last I heard, the boss said she was the bête's daughter. So in order to get her we have to kill the bête and the future bête. " says one of them.

Wait!! Now their talking about me and killing my family! Now I'm getting angry!!

" We will also kill her mate if she has one. The boss won't be happy if she has one when we bring her to him." Says the one in charge.

After that sentence Connor jumps up and runs at them before I could blink. Or even register what the rogue had said.

He jumps on a guy and bites into his neck. A scream leave the guys mouth and the other two shift.
Apparently they aren't from my pack. As if that wasn't obvious to begin with.

Connor lets go of the dead rogue and attacks the others. He tackles another and snarls just before he bites into its neck.

Once that one was dead he looked up and saw the last one was running for it.

Connor snarled and ran after it. He leapt over it and landed in front of it and snarled again.

The rogue backed up and let out a snarl of its own.

Connor attacks the rogue first. I watched stunned as Connor took this one down in seconds even though he was the biggest.

I never even had time to get up and help before Connor killed them all. I wanted to help cause they threatened my mate and family, but as Connor just showed me. He had it under control.

He comes over to me and we both take off running the way we came.

Once we've made it back to where Connor sleeps we go behind different trees and shift back.

I quickly slip on my clothes and walk around to face Connor.

" That's it Amber. I'm now going to be watching you all the time. I'll be hidden far enough in the woods that no one will see or sense me, but I have to make sure you stay safe. Those rogues were talking about you. They were talking about killing your family and me and taking you to the most dangerous rogue." Says Connor. I don't bother to argue cause after hearing something like we just did. There was no way I was going to talk him out of this even if I wanted to.

I walked up to him. " I know. I also know that I have you to help keep me safe from them." I say.

He nods. " Like I said before. It's my job to protect you." He says.

I smile at him and hug him. " Just please make sure you don't get caught by my pack." I say.

" They won't even know I'm there." Says Connor. I smile.

I look up at him and see he's looking down at me. He leans forward and his lips press against mine in a small kiss.

Soon after we spend a bit more time together, he walks me to my yard.

" Goodnight Connor." I say.

" Good night Amber." Says Connor.

I kiss him goodbye and he watches me leave.

I run upstairs and look out my window at Connor and see he's looking at my window.

I wave and head on to bed. I get dressed and lay down.

I'm a little jumpy over what happened and what those rogues said, but at least I know I will always have Connor here to keep me safe.

With that last thought, I close my eyes and allow sleep to overtake me, and before I know it I'm out.

Comment and vote.