Chapter 5.

You know there's nothing worse then facing a angry father, unless you can't stop being happy cause you found your mate.

That would be me right now. I hate having to face my father because it's going to be the same thing it is every time he yells.

But I don't really care. I have a smile on my face and I'm walking straight into my house to face him, and it's all because I found my mate.

I stop right at my front door. ' Well let's get this over with.' Says my wolf.

I breath in deeply and release the breath as I open the door and walk in.

My family is in the den. My parents and my brother. Tasha wasn't there which means she went home. Her parents must have came over to get her, that or John took her over cause dad wouldn't let her go alone.

My dad crosses his arms. " Where have you been?" He says. His voice sounds angry, but not as harsh as I was expecting. I could swear I saw some worry hidden in what anger is in his eyes.

" I went for a run." I say.

" Why didn't you respond to us when we tried to mind link you?" Says my mother.

My eyes go wide at that and the smile was gone fast. No one but Tasha tried to mind link me. " You tried to mind link me?" I say.

" Yes Amber. We all tried. It seems the only person who got through to you was Tasha." Says John.

" No one but Tasha mind linked me. If someone else had I would have responded." I say.

" Are you saying we're lying when we did mind link?" Says my father.

" What? No I never said that. I never felt anyone but Tasha mind link me. I don't know what happened. " I say. It's the honest truth, I just hope they believe me.

" That doesn't make any sense Amber." Says John.

" It must have been like what happened during the rogue attack in this house. I couldn't mind link dad to say we needed help. It just wouldn't work." I say.

" Like I said, that doesn't make any sense." Says John.

" If it made sense then I wouldn't be confused about it." I say. It came out a tad harsh, but I didn't mean for it to.

" Amber, don't be mean. He hasn't done anything." Says my mother.

" I know. I'm sorry." I say. I truly am though. I didn't mean to be rude to him.

My dad sighs. " Go on upstair and go to sleep. It's late, and you have school tomorrow, you should have been in bed hours ago." He say.

I nod and make my way upstairs into my room. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I start getting ready for bed. He's right about the time. It's about 2 in the morning and I have school tomorrow. I should have been in bed by midnight at latest.

Just as I'm about to get in bed there's a knock on my door. " Yes." I say.

The door opens slightly and my mothers head appears. " hey mom." I say.

She walks in and sits next to me. " Hey Amber." She says.

I smile, we sit there for a bit in just plain silence before she speaks. " We were worried about you."

I looked at her. " After we found out the rogue attack was true we wanted everyone safe since there were rogues loose on our packs territory and it scared us when you didn't respond to our mind link. We thought they had gotten you." Says my mother.

" I didn't know that." I say.

She wraps her arm around me and hugs me. " Your father is pretty angry, but I'm pretty sure it's all just from worrying." Says my mother.

I nod. My mom kisses my forehead then stands up. " From now on, if you go on a run, let me, John or your father know before you do."

I nod. " Yes ma'am. " I say.

She smiles. " Good night Amber." She says as she leaves.

" Night mom." I call after her.

After she left I lay down and switch off the lamp next to my bed, I then lay down and close my eyes, allowing sleep to overtake me.

I soon wake to my mom knocking on the door. " Amber get up, it's time to get read for school and Tasha will be here soon to walk with you."

" Coming." I yell.

Even though I don't want to, I force myself up and gather some clothes for school. I then head into the bathroom and took a quick shower before drying and slipping on these clothes.

I choose to put my hair in a small ponytail today. I don't wear make up.

I've never been one for make up. It's not my favorite thing, I mean I'll wear it if I have to, but if I don't I won't.

Once I'm ready I turn off the bathroom light and make my way downstairs. I see my mother is cooking breakfast. Just as I step into the kitchen Tasha knocks on the door then walks in.

My mom sets two plates of pancakes and bacon down in front of us with some syrup. The pancakes are even better then normal because she cooked them in the bacon grease.

After Tasha and I eat we grab our bags and say bye to my mother and leave for school. John and my dad weren't there this morning, which means they were always gone doing their job.

As were walking I'm debating if I should or should not tell Tasha I found my mate.

It's hard to decide cause I know she would tell me when she found her mate, but I'm not telling her cause he didn't want anyone to know about him just yet.

I then decide I'll keep his secret for right now, but if things get any different then I'm telling her.

As we make it to the school the wind blows towards Tasha and I, and I smell my mates scent.

I turn my head and take a small look at the woods and cod just barely see my mate hidden in the forest looking at me. I don't know if he can see me or not, but I smile at him.

" Come on Amber, we're going to be late." Says Tasha tugging me along.

I sigh. " I'm coming, I'm coming." I say as I turn and follow her straight into school and away from my mate.

The. I remember I will be seeing him again tonight at midnight and I can't stop the smile that come to my face.

I can't wait for tonight.