Chapter 15.

John of course got home first and started getting the pots and pans out.

I walked up grinning. He looked at me over his shoulder and grinned back.

I then see he's putting on a pot of water. " What did you decide were making?" I ask.

When we raced, we decided that the one who made it there first gets to choose what we make for supper. So since he won, he gets to pick.

"  Hamburger patties, rice and green beans." He says.

" Yum." I say. It really does sound good.

I get out a pot to start cooking rice and another for green beans while he cooks hamburger patties.

Soon we manage to get the food done in record time and set it on the table just as our parents walk in.

" Good timing. We just finished cooking." Says John.

They looked a bit surprised. " You helped cook?" Says dad.

John chuckled. " Yeah. Tried it and found out I like cooking."

I normally cook, not because they don't want to. I cook all the dinner food because they don't ever make it home in time to cook.

Mom cooks breakfast and on weekends we work together to cook lunch and I always cook supper.

" Well let's hurry up and eat. I have to head back to the pack house after we eat. Alpha Conan has counted who is missing from his prison and is about to tell Alpha George what they look like, Their names, and what they got arrested for so we can see just how dangerous they are." Says my dad.

We nod and sit down to eat. We don't bother asking him questions, we just eat.

Soon we were done and dad leaves. John stays downstairs with mom watching tv.

I however run upstairs to my room and sit on the bed. I'm a bit bored so I decide that while I wait till midnight, just for fun, to grab my iPod and play some music.

I start listening to one of my all time favorite songs.

Mean by Taylor Swift.

I start humming along and I lay back on my bed and stare at the ruff.

While I listen to my six, I start thinking of all the ways Connor could have escaped from a huge prison like Alpha Conan's pack prison.

It could have been normal bars and non silver, he could have had someone help him out.

However, if he had someone help him then wouldn't they be here with him as well?

Oh well, I guess I'll find out soon.

Soon theres a knock on my door. I take out my headphones and sit up. " Come in." I say.

The door opens and John's head peeks through. " Hey John." I say.

" Hey, dad wanted me to tell you something." Says John walking in.

" What did he need you to tell me?" I ask.

" The rogue is dead."

" The one in prison? The one I talked to?"

" That's the one." He says.

" What happened?"  I  ask.

" He apparently thought lunging at the Alpha's son during an interrogation and nearly killing him was a good idea." Says John.

My eyes go wide. " Oh my gosh!! Is Kurt ok?" I ask.

" No, he's in pretty bad shape. He will live through. The rogue somehow got his hands on a silver dagger from the interrogation room and lunge at Kurt the second he was free of the metal cuffs to be moved back to his cell and stabbed Kurt. Kurt has about three deep cuts on his arms, and a stab wound in his left shoulder. He's in the hospital now." Says John.

" So he will be ok right?" I ask.

" Yes, I'm going to see him now, would you like to come?" He asks.

I quickly nod. " Alpha George isn't  to happy. He snapped the rogues neck with his own two hands." Says John.

I stare at him wide eyed as I grab my phone. Alpha George hasn't been in a real fight for quite sometime. I was surprised to find out he was the one who killed the rogue.

John chuckles lightly. " I know, I was shocked to when I heard it." Says John.

I then follow him out the door and we head on over to the pack house.

The pack house has many floors, and one of those floors in a hospital.

John wanted to get there faster so he offered for me to get on his back, and being the person I am, how can I not accept the piggyback ride.

I hop on his back and wrap my arms around his neck . He makes sure I'm secure before he takes off at full speed to the pack house.

I can't help but to let out a small yelp at how fast he was going. I then grin wide and look around as we run, just to make sure John won't see Connor if he's following us. I was right though about him following us, when I looked to the right sure enough I just barely saw a flash of grey fur and blue eyes before he disappeared into the woods.

I still can help but smile, Connor is so protective, except it's cute when it's him. When it's John or my father, it's just plain annoying.

John makes it to the front door of the pack house and crouches down to let me off.

I hop off and together we head into the house and up the steps to visit Kurt.

John took me to his room and opened the door for me.

I walked in and there on the bed with bandages covering his shoulder and arms and his eyes were close was non other then the Alpha's son.

I walk forward. " Hey Amber." Says Kurt. His eyes flutter open and his head turns towards me.bi guess he heard us come in.

" Hey Kurt." I say.

" How you feeling?" Says John walking up next to the bed with me.

" Eh I'll live. I mean come on, you really thing a couple bad scratches and one stab would is going to keep this future Alpha down. Ha they'll have to do better then that." Says Kurt grinning like a idiot.

I laugh at that and so does John. We hang out with Kurt for a while and keep him company before the nurse tells us it's getting late and time for us to leave.

We then tell Kurt we will be back tomorrow if he's still here, he agrees, and with that John and I start making our way home.

I yawn from being tired. Hopefully tonight I'll get to sleep next to Connor again under the light of the moon looking up at the wonderful stars that fill the night sky.

After the thought of that I smile and walk a little faster. Soon enough were home, I say good night and head up to my room to do the one thing I can till they go to sleep. Wait.

Comment and vote.