Chapter 8.

" AMBER GET UP, SCHOOL STARTS IN 40 MINUTES!!!" Yelled my mother. Waking me from my sleep.

I sigh in annoyance, I really don't want to go to school. All I really want to do is hang out with my mate.

I get up anyway and go to my closet. I collect a bundle of clothes and make my way to the bathroom.

After a very quick shower I slip on the clothes and comb my hair and decide today to let it stay down.

I'm wearing a pair of skinny blue jeans and a nice Purple V-neck shirt. I also have on a nice pair of sneakers for running,but they also match with about every outfit I have.

Again though, I don't wear any make up. Once I'm fully dressed I turn the handle to the door and leave the bathroom.

I then make my way downstairs just in time to see Tasha walk in.

" Hey Amber." She says.

I grin. " Well if it isn't my bestie. 'Bout time you showed up."

She scoffed. " Ha, please. We both know that I can make it to your house fast then you can mine."

" That may be true, but guess what?"

" What?"

" We'll just have to test that theory later."

She grins and waits for me. I go to the counter and grab a strawberry pop tart and a apple and make my way to the door, grabbing my bag which Tasha was holding out for me.

I slung it over my shoulder and opened my pop tart.

We then said bye to my mom and went on our way.

I took a bite and started eating. " So you look tired." She said.

I look at her out of the corner of my eyes. " I had a late night." I say.

" Really, what were you doing?" She asks. Reaching over and pinching off a bit of the pop tart like she normally does what I eat one.

" Nothing, I just couldn't fall asleep." I lie. I hope she doesn't see right through the lie.

" Your lying." She says. Dang it she did.

" I'm not lying." I say.

" Amber. I known you for a long time. Your lying." She says.

I didn't reply. " So who you hanging out with?" She asks.

I look at her with a small and of course fake confused look. " Who says I was hanging out with someone?" I say.

" So you are?"

" I never said I was." I say, starting to get a tad angry.

She points at my face. " See you getting all angry and a bit defensive. You are hanging with someone. So who is it?"

Dang it, she was bound to find out sooner or later. " Just some guy I know." I say.

Her eyes wide . " A guy? Is he your mate? He's got to be your mate. Is he? Please tell me he is?"

" Tasha, I'm not answering these questions, he's just some guys I know, now please let the subject drop?!" I say. As I finish the pop tart and start with the apple.

She nods and does let it drop, but she mutters something under her breath and I only heard it cause of the werewolf hearing. " Yup he's your mate alright." Was what she said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, finishing my apple. After that we arrived at school. ( A/N. I home school, so I have no idea what a real public school is like. So I slip the those parts.)

Soon school is done and it felt like forever. Tasha said she can't come over after school today cause she had stuff to do, so she leaves to her house and I start walking home.

I reached into my pocket and brought out my head phones, I then put them in my phone and press play on my music.

Why not listen to music. It's a boring walk when I'm by myself.

I start to get lost in thought as I'm walking. There was one question I forgot to ask Connor last night.

I forgot to ask him how he escaped and who might have helped him.

Connor seemed to think that I would run from him and be scared when I found out.

But even if he's a escaped prisoner I could never be scared of him, let alone run.

He's not the kind of guy who would do something to get arrested. It just doesn't seem like something he'd do.

I'll find out soon why he got arrested, I just hope it's not something to bad.

He claims he didn't do it and I believe him. I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but truth. No part of him said he was lying.

" Amber you ok?" Asked a voice next to me, startling me out of my thoughts.

I looked and saw it was Kurt. " Oh hey Kurt, yes I'm fine, just a little lost in thought." I say.

" What were you thinking about so hard?" Says Kurt.

" Just about some things that have been going on lately." I say.

He nods. " Well I was here to ask you something." He says.

I look at him. " I need you to come with me to the prisons. The rogue we took captive for questioning won't speak, but the only things he will say is he will only speak to one person." He says.

" And just who would that be?" I ask.

He stops walking. I walk a few steps before I stop and look at him.

He stays silent for a few second before he responds. " You."

I stare at him. " Please tell me you joking?" I say.

He just stared. I sigh. " Why me?" I say.

" That's what we want to know." He says.

" So you want me to talk to him through the bars to see why he came with his friends and why he attacked me?" I say.

He nods. " Don't worry though. You'll be perfectly safe. I'll be there personally and so will your father." He says.

I nods and walk till I was in front of him. " Well what are we waiting for. Let's go." I say.

He smiles and leads me towards the prison.

So I'm going to see a rogue that broke into my house and attacked Me and Tasha and tried to kill us, and talk to him to see why.

Well this should be fun.

Comment and vote.