Chapter 16.

By the time the clock struck 12 I was up, grabbing a bag I set by the door and made my way towards the den after I made sure everybody was home and in bed sound asleep.

I then snuck out and made my way into the woods. Once I was deep enough Connor showed up and smiled at me.

I walked up and hugged him. Before I could back up though he pressed a small kiss to my lips. Even though it was a small one I still felt the Sparks.

I smiled up at him when he lifted his head. " Let's get farther away from my house and enjoy our time together." I say.

He quickly agrees and we start making our way towards the place where he sleeps.

There's not one cloud in the sky today so the beautiful night sky is on view. All stars shinning and liking amazing, and there's that same beam of moonlight aimed at the place where we sit.

He leads me over there and we sit down. He sits first and I sit in between his legs, leaning back into his chest.

I then remember what I brought. " Oh Connor I brought you something." I say.

He smiles at me as I reach inside my back and bring out a small plastic contain that was stuffed full of homemade cookies and a few brownies.

I smiled at how his eyes lit up when he saw them. I opened it and handed him a cookie. " Thank you Amber." He says before he takes a bite.

He then smiles. " These are great. Did you make them?"

" I helped my mother make them the morning of the day I met you. What we do is my family, well mainly John and I, will scarf down as many cookies as we can get out hands on. So my mother makes a huge batch that lasts two weeks. We only get about two of three a day. I've been saving mine for when I have enough to share with you." I say.

He grins and takes another cookie out and holds it out for me. I smile gratefully at him and take the cookie.

Soon enough were done eating and now we're laying back in the grass staring at the stars.

It's so peaceful out here. I wish I could stay here forever, but I know that sadly I'll have to go back.

I really wish Connor didn't have to hide all the time. I wish I could show him to my family.

Knowing John and dad, if I introduced Connor to them as my mate they would scare the crap out of him in order for him to always treat me right. Of course after that they would all just love him like he's already part of the family.

I smile at that. Connor looks over at me. My head is laying on his arm with one of my hands on his chest. The arm of his that is out is carefully wrapped around me, hugging me closer.

" Whatcha smiling about?" He asks.

" I'm just thinking of how my brother and dad would react and what they would do to you if I introduced you to them as my mate." I say truthfully.

He looks a tad shocked by what I said. " They would do something to me if you told them I was your mate and introduced me to them?" He asks.

" They would more like threaten you within a inch of your life to treat me right." I say.

He nods. " Their very protective of you aren't they?" He says.

I let out a small laugh. " Oh you have no idea." I say.

His leans over and kisses my forehead. " Don't worry Amber. They don't and will never have the threaten me to treat you right. As your mate I will do anything on my power and more to keep you safe and happy. I would never ever intentionally or knowingly hurt you." He says.

I know he's telling the truth and the snakes me smile. I look up at him and perch myself up on a elbow and he does the same. " I know you would never do anything. You don't seem like the kind of guy who would do something." I say.

' Your right on that one. I know for a fact he would rather die for us then to hurt us.' Says my wolf.

I smile and agree with my wolf. What she said is true and I know it will always be.

We stare at each other for a few moments, just admitting each other. Then he leans forward and gently presses his lips to mine.

Spark erupted and I instinctively kissed back.

We broke apart a few seconds later and smiled at each other. " I love being able to do that now." He says and I grin again.

" You don't know how many times I dreamed of finding you. To dream of that moment when your scent hit my nose and the first time our eyes would meet. I was thinking that you would be the most gorgeous mate in the world, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Your even more then that. Your so much more then gorgeous. Your amazing. Extraordinary, and I couldn't have asked for anyone better." He said.

I blush and look at him. No one has even said that to me.

It's official. I have the best mate ever.

I lean forward and connect my lips with his in another kiss. He, just like I did, kissed back instinctively.

After a few seconds we broke apart panting. " I still love that blush of yours." He says.

I smile, then remember setting. " Oh I almost forgot. I brought you one other thing." I said grabbing my bag and sitting up.

I reach in and bring out a book. I then looked at him. " I don't know if you like to read or not, but this is the first book to my favorite series and I thought you would like to read it in your free time or if you were bored." I say.

He takes it and uses his werewolf sight to read the name.

He looks at me. " It's called City of Bones. It's so good and I know you would love it." I say.

" Ok. Thanks Amber. I'll start it tomorrow when I have light. " he says. " Oh and yes I love to read. I used to read so much when I was a kid. I started reading when I just learned how."

I grin widely. " Yay!!" I exclaim.

He laughs and we lay back down. I suddenly grow very tired and he tells me to sleep and that he would wake me a hour before my parents and brother wake so I can get back in time.

I agree with him, knowing that I wouldn't last another hour. So I just snuggle into his side and smile as I breath in his scent, and before I know it, I'm out with a smile as clear as day on my face.

Comment and vote.