Chapter 10.

" So Amber, I heard you had a pretty eventful day?" Says my mother.

" Yes I did mother." I reply.

John looks at my father with a questioning look.

" For some reason the rogue we kept prisoner would only speak to Amber. So we had her come in after school and talk to the rogue." Says my father.

John's eyes grew wide. " Why would you let her around that wild beast?! It tried to kill her and her best friend."

" We had no choice John. We needed answers and she was well protected. I was there personally, so was Kurt and Alpha George, along with a bunch of other guards." Says my father.

John nods. " I just wish I could have been there as well to help if needed."

" I understand that, but you had very important work you had to do and I didn't want to disturb you with a simple matter of talking to a rogue." Says my father.

John dropped his fork. " A simple matter?! Really father?! She could have been killed if that rogue got free!" Shouted John.

" Don't raise your voice at me John. She was well protected and the rogue was chained up with silver cuffs. Nothing was going to happen and nothing will ever happen. Understand?" Says my father.

John nodded. " Yes Sir. Sorry for raising my voice."

My father only nodded and we continued to eat.

Then the home phone rang. " Get that for me, will you Amber?" Says my father.

I nod and get up, walking over to the phone and answered it.

" Hello." I say.

" Hello Amber, may I speak to your father?" Says Alpha George.

" Yes Sir." I say handing the phone over to my dad.

He stands up and takes the phone, he then left the dinning room and went to his bedroom to talk.

I am curious as to why Alpha George called him instead of mind linking him.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

We continued eating while we waited for my father to come back down stairs.

It didn't take to long. After 15 minutes he slowly walked down stairs and sat back down.

He started to finish his food. " Who was that?" Asked John.

" That was Alpha George. He called me instead of mind linking for the same reason as to why Amber was unable to contact us through the mind link. We don't know why that was and we haven't tested it, but he wanted to make sure the message was passed onto to me." Says my father.

" What did he need to say?" Asked my mother.

" They know the amount of prisoners that escaped, who they are and who helped them to escape." Says my father.

" Can you tell us who?" Asks John.

" I'm afraid I can not. Alpha George's orders. He wants no one aside from me, his Luna, and the third in commend to know." Says my father.

We nodded and continued to eat. Soon we were done eating and the others went upstairs while I got started on the dishes. I normally do the dishes so I don't mind if they don't help.

I have many questions to ask Connor tonight. He may or may not know the answers, but either way I get to see him, and I'm ok with that.

' So am I!"  Exclaims my wolf.

I lightly chuckle. ' Well I already knew that.' I say back.

As I wash the soap off a dish and set it in the dishwasher. Soon all the dishes are in there and I get started on the pots and pans after I start the dishwasher.

Then a hand grabs mine. I look up to see John. " I got the rest." He said.

" You sure? I can do it." I say.

He gentle takes the sponge from me. " Go on to bed, I got the rest ok." He says.

I smiled at him. " I'll help you ok."

He smiles and nods. He starts washing the pots and pans and hands then to me, I then dry them and put them up.

" So you talked to the rogue?" He asked.

I nodded. " Yes I did."

" What did he say, I mean why would he want to talk to you only? It just makes me nervous to know that it was you he wanted to talk to you only." He says.

" He just told me why they attacked." I say.

" And that would be... ?"

" He said his boss is a huge dangerous rogue is very obsessed with me and wanted to see if I would survive the attack. Don't ask me why cause he wouldn't answer that one, all he said was I'll have to ask him myself and then he stayed quiet and dad had me leave." I say.

I felt John tense at my words. " The rogue said that his boss is the most dangerous rogue ever?"

" Yes, he also said that he was huge , very huge." I say.

" He also said he's obsessed with you and you don't know why?" He says.

" Yes and I don't know why cause he said if I wanted to know I would have to ask him myself." I say.

" And just how would you do that?"

" I don't know John, I have no idea. I've been constantly thinking about this for a long time and I've come up with nothing." I say.

" Well don't worry. Dad, mom, Alpha George, Tasha, her entire family and this entire pack and I will do everything in our power to protect you." Says John as we finish the entire kitchen and walk towards the stairs.

I smile and hug John. He hugs me close to him in a brotherly way that shows he cares. He may be strict and protective, but he's also the best big brother anyone could ever ask for. I wouldn't want him to change for anything.

" Thank you John." I say.

He just smiles at me and kisses my forehead. " I love you Amber and I will always protect you. Never forget that."

I nod. " I won't, I promise." I say.

" Now I want you to go and get some sleep. You have school tomorrow." He says.

I nod and head on upstairs with him behind me. He then turns and walks into his room and quietly shuts the door after him.

I wait for a long while I get up and make sure everyone's sound asleep before I sneak out of the house and make my way towards the woods.

I'm on my way to see Connor and I have some questions to ask that I hope he could answer.

' Well you'll know once you ask." Says my wolf.

' I know, let's just hurry up and get there.' I say back.

She stay quiet for the rest of the way. Soon I spot Connor by a tree.

Well here goes nothing.

Comment and vote.