Chapter 34.

I keep a tight hold on Connors hand as we walk deeper into the woods.

" Oh I probably should warn you. Alpha George has sent guards searching through the woods." I say.

" I already know. I nearly ran into some." He said. A bit of worry fills me at that.

" How did you escape them?" I ask.

" I hid in a tree. " says Connor.

I then look and smile at him. He looks at me and sees the smile.

" What?" He asks.

" I had no idea you, the son of a Alpha, knew how to climb trees." I say.

" Why is that so hard to believe?" He asks with a small smile coming into his lips.

" Because on the way Alpha Conan is. I would have thought you would have been forced to do Alpha training and serious stuff all your life." I say.

" Hey I hung with Cassandra and Clayton a lot when I was a kid. Oh and when I say I hung with them. I mean I was literally hanging off the tree by my legs." He says.

I laugh. " I used to do that same with Kurt and Tasha. Most times Kurt would slip and fall off, and sometimes Tasha and I would catch him before he hit the ground. Other times he wasn't very lucky." I say.

Connor laughs at that. " So you three must have been great friends?" He says.

I nod. " Yes. It was always fun to hang with them until it was time for them to start training. Dad teaches me some things about being a bête sometimes, but John will be the next bête. Tasha will be the new third in command and Kurt will soon be Alpha once he finds his mate and his father steps down as Alpha." I say.

He nods. Then he hear whispering or soft talking. " There they are." Says Connor.

As we got closer we could hear them.

" When do you think they'll be here?" Says Tasha.

" I'm not sure. Do you even think Amber managed to get out of her house given all the guards they have surrounding the house?" Says Clayton.

" Come one guys, this is Amber. She's been sneaking out night after night to come see Connor. I'm sure she's found a way and Connors found her and now their most likely on their way here." Says Cassandra.

" Well you'd be right on that one Cassandra." Says Connor as we finally come into view.

Tasha ran up and hugged me. " I'm glad you two made it here safely. " says Tasha.

" I had to get out. I don't know if Connor told you of not, but the rogues have killed a pack member and left a note saying that they are coming for me in three days of my pack doesn't give me up to them first, and every day he doesn't have me more pack members will die and more rogue attacks will happen, and if it comes down to the rogues coming after me. The head rogue said he's coming for me himself." I say.

They look at Connor wide eyed. " Why didn't you say something if you knew?" Says Clayton.

" Well first of all. It wasn't my thing to tell. She read the note, I didn't. So if you want the entire story you need to get it from her, plus she just told you everything it said. Secondly, she said she would come over tonight to talk about it, so I didn't see the need in talking about this without her." Says Connor.

They all nodded. " So what are we going to do?" Says Clayton.

" Well first we need to talk about you guys." I say.