Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 17

The time to upload has come again, once again! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

          As Cameron pulled away from me, I felt myself grew hot and flushed pink. My heart beat increased three times and I just can't seem to look at Cameron. Was Leon right? Could I still like him after all this time? A bigger question was, did he like me? The question made me blush even more. 

          Stop day dreaming, Celia! He doesn't like you! Who knows he might even still be into Tiana? Maybe he just broke up with her because she hurt you! A voice said in my head, it was right too. He could have liked another girl, not necessarily Tiana either. Besides! He had all the girls back in school after him! I wouldn't be surprised if one day he became famous because of having lots of girls after him.

          "Cameron?" I asked Cameron a few minutes after we went back strolling along the beach. Like an awkward moment hadn't happen before then. I wished I could just break the friend barrier we had between us and I could just tell him how I felt about him. But it was so hard! I was scared he would reject me. Wow I just sound like a hopeless romantic a second there.

          "Yeah?" he answered me after a few seconds passed. We stopped walking then and stared at each other. Even when the place was silent and all, it still felt kind of awkward looking at each other. The silence just made it worse because both of us were just waiting for the other to speak first. 

          "You're my best friend, right?" 

          "Yeah, why?"

          "Well...I...just have this boy problem and it's kind of annoying so I need your advice." I blurted everything out in one quick breath, hoping I didn't said anything embarassing.

          "Okay...spill."

          "There's this guy I know and...well, everytime I talk to him..my heart beats fast and I blush a lot. How do I know if the guy likes me back?..."I trailed off. He looked at me, tilting his head a little and thought of it before answering.

          "Well, Celia. I don't actually know. But I'm sure the guy likes you back. I mean, you're great to be with even though most of the time you're the most irritating person I known since birth." okay, that did not helped me self-esteem at all. But he thought i was great to be with? Was that a good sign?

          "Do you like a girl, Cameron?" the question slipped out of my mouth. Great, why didn't i just shut my mouth up?

          But Cameron didn't seem to bothered about the question. He answered, "I guess..she's pretty, fun, and at times, she's childish. I don't think she realizes this but everytime a guy goes and talk to her, I just feel like ripping my gut out......Is that how love feels like?" oh my gosh, he used the L word! He must really love this girl then.

          "How about this, we tell each other the first letter of the name of the person we both like. Is that okay?" he seem to be uncomfortable with it awhile but anyways, he agreed and in a count of three, the both of us shouted out the letter.

          "C!" "C!" I must have been staring like an idiot. He looked almost as surprised as I was. C? But..there were lots of names that started with a C..

          "Okay, how about we shout their names?" he suggested. Oh great, not good!

          That was the moment. As soon as Cameron counted to three, we were supposed to shout their names. But after three seconds, I was still standing there silent while Cameron shouted the girl's name.

          I wish I had a tape recorder with me that very moment as he shouted....

          "Celia!"