Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Cameron's P.O.V.

I went back to the table where my...friends....were and sat down. They just say there, eating their dinner and altogether ignoring me. Especially, Celia. She was ignoring me for some reason, I had no idea why. 

Idiot, she likes you remember?

A internal voice in my head said. Great, just great. 

I had to find a way and invite her to the halloween party somehow. It was only a matter of time before she would start talking to me again. But then again, knowing Celia, she was stubborn and she wouldn't talk to me if she didn't want to. I sighed and Leon looked at me curiously. 

"You alright, Cam?" Leon asked me. 

"Of course he is! He has a new girlfriend!" Celia said sarcastically. Leon raised an eyebrow at Celia then at me. He, out of all people, knew what was going on and he just shrugged it off by shoving a big spoon of salad into Celia's mouth. I silently laugh as I watched her hit Leon by the arm. Sometimes I thought, what if we were never friends? Would she have been with Leon? I shook the thought out of my head and focused on my food. Suddenly, the vegetable looks really interesting than the surrounding. 

"Hey Leon, is there anything on my cheek?" I heard Celia asking Leon. I looked at the both of them as Leon made a 'tsk' sound. There were some cream smudges beside Celia's lip. Leon grabbed the napkin from the table and wrapped an arm around Celia before pulling her close, cleaning the smudges from her cheek. Their faces were so close, it would only take a few inches for Celia to just kiss him. 

I frowned, jealousy was messing with my head.

_____________________________________

After the dinner, all of us went back to the room and fell on the bed, squashing each other. "That was the best food I have ever ate!" Isabel kicked off her heels and struggled to get off us boys and climbed into the bed. In a few seconds, we heard snores from isabel. She must have been tired because she didn't even stir as Celia poked her, asking her to get out of her dress before falling asleep and wrinkling the dress altogether.

"I think my stomach is going to explode. Bye guys! I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Tiana skipped out of the room. I meant, literally skipped. After she closed the door on the way out, I collasped on the bed next to a snoring sister of mine. I never knew she snored! Okay that was a lie. I knew she snored, but I never thought that her snores would be that loud. 

Celia was sitting on the chair, facing the balcony of the room. The moonlight shone on her, making her creamy skin lighter and her eyes shining. If only girls knew that when a guy liked them, their heart beats would increase and that butterflies would actually be in their stomachs. But it only happened when the guy really loved the girl. So..did that meant that..I love her? 

Love was such a strong word, I better not use it.

Celia seemed to be thinking about something and I recognized that thinking face of hers. Obviously, she wasn't going to talk to me first so I had to make the first move. Guys do that, right? Ignoring my pride, I walked over to Celia and sat at the chair next to her. She didn't acknowledged my presence at first but soon she looked at me cautiously. 

"I'm not going to eat you, idiot." 

"I know. So...about that Lexi girl. Who is she and how did you guys met?" straight forward, I see.

"She...was the first girl I dated." I saw her shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She wasn't liking Lexi, that's for sure.

"Why aren't you with her, then? Since..you obviously liked her before?" 

"Some things are complicated, C. Let's just say, I needed her to get someone's attention."

"YOU USED HER?!" Celia's eyes widened.

"In a way, I guess. She was the mayor's daughter. Plus, she was pretty. So I kind of dated her for awhile but then when she moved away, our relationship just vanished like that. Well, at least to me it happened that way. So Tiana came along and well, I hated you a bit and so did Tiana so the both of us came together and well...that's how it started."

"Why didn't I know this? And it was obvious Lexi still likes you." she said and shrugged, continuing to look at the view.

"You wouldn't even care if I died." I said softly but not loud enough for her to hear. "C, even if she did like me, I don't like her."

"I saw you guys flirting earlier." Celia said bluntly. 

'It's just acting!' I wanted to say but I couldn't do that. Instead, I just shrugged and the awkward silence came. 

"Take me on a date." Celia suddenly said. Okay, I wasn't expecting that. 

"What?"

"Take me on a date. I'm bored anyways!" she smiled. I felt like a jerk. A stupid jerk. A jerk who was going to break this pretty girl's heart. How could I live with the guilt, while seeing her like that? I swallowed and smiled back. 

"There's this halloween party and I'm going." 

"Is that how you ask a girl on a date?" Celia giggled but she didn't seem to surprised about the sudden party invitation. as if...she knew? No way! There was no way she could have known about the plan!

"So is that a yes?"

"Cameron Tyler, you're the worst person who had ask me on a date but yes." 

Suddenly, a pillow flew to the back of my head. It was Isabel! She woke up and she was in her sleeping clothes. Since when did she changed out of her dress? Jeez, girls had some weird ways of changing without being detected. 

"i see you guys have made up and all but could you just shut up and go to sleep?" she threw another pillow and i caught it. But then another pillow flew from another direction. 

"isabel's right. I want some sleep too. Flirt tomorrow, sleep tonight." Leon who was sleeping on the floor and still in his tux, fell asleep right after he finished his sentence.