Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 28

"What?! You're getting married?!" Isabel shouted at me. 

We were back in the mansion while discussing about the latest update. The five of us were gathered in the living room right after I called them. Celia refused to look at me even though I tried looking at her multiple times. 

"Yeah.." I said. 

Cameron's Flashback

I stepped into the fancy restaurant wishing I had a change of clothes before coming here. If these people were high standard types, I really wished I wasn't wearing jeans and a pair of simple shirt. Well, can't turn back now. 

A lady in black dress and blonde hair was sitting there with a girl about my age next to her. I assumed it was her daughter since the both of them looked alike. I wasn't going to enjoy this, I told myself. The both of them stood up and smiled at me when they saw me. 

"Hello Cameron Tyler. Please sit down." the lady said and the three of us sat at the same time. 

"Nice to meet you guys. Listen, I'm in a hurry so I hope this is quick." I leaned back in my seat and waited for them to talk.

"Alright. This is my daughter, Avery Ross. My name is Ebony Pauline-Ross. Your father and I have discussed, since my husband is needing to resign soon, he needs a heir to the company. So the idea of joining both companies was a great idea and in order to do that, Avery my daughter will be married to you." 

"But I never agreed to this!" I slightly raised my voice but stopped when Ebony rose a hand to stop me. 

"You will. Your father and I discussed it and you will marry my daughter. Have we made it clear?" she narrowed her eyes. Avery just smiled at me, slipped an arm into mine and snuggled up to me. Why do I attract the wrong girl every time?! It was getting annoying!

Then I remembered something. Lawrence said...Mrs Ross. My eyes darted to Ebony who was talking on the phone and I saw her lips saying 'Kill her next'. Oh shit, Celia was in trouble. 

"I have to go somewhere. My..girlfriend needs me." the smiles on Avery and Ebony disappeared when I mentioned the word 'girlfriend'. But whatever, I needed to find my friends and alert them. Maybe even Derek and Brian since they were supposed to be our bodyguards. 

I ran out of the restaurant, not bothering about my manners.

End of Flashback

After I was done telling them whatever that happened between the Ross family and I earlier at the restaurant, Celia finally looked up and said to me, "If they want to kill me, they have to go through me fighting. I have skills." she gave me a cold look. 

At times like these, I wished I wasn't on Celia's bad side. 

"Celia, please, I want to be your friend again. Can we start over?" I asked her when the others left the room. It was just the both of us that time. 

I heard her sighed and she closed her eyes. "I wish you didn't do what you did, Cam. But you did anyways. Plus, my mom's gone now and the burial is tomorrow. I won't be able to make it either since all of us would be in school." 

"Please forgive me?" I gave her my best puppy face and she burst out laughing. A wave of relief washed over me as I see her laughing. 

"Your face is priceless! Okay, I forgive you." she laughed. "So what are we going to do about that Avery chick?" 

"I don't know, C. And I don't want to think about it now, I have my best friend back." I hugged her and closed my eyes. I didn't want to think of anything, just Celia. Who knew getting back on her good side felt this good? 

_____________________________________________________

Celia's POV

Walking down the hallways in school, I kept smiling. I knew I should be sad about my mom's death but I knew she wanted me to be happy. Also, I had my best friend back! We would smile at each other at the hallways when we pass by and we were sitting together at lunch. 

Five minutes before the bell rang, our homeroom teacher came into the class and announced something. Something that made all the girls squealed in excitement. 

"The school will be having the winter dance on Friday night. For more information, please look for student Tiana Walkers, the person in charge of the whole event. Thank you." 

It was so obvious the idea was Tiana's. Who else in school would want a winter dance besides her? I bet she 'forced' the principal to agree with the whole idea but secretly, I enjoyed the idea. 

Leon immediately ran to our class and shouted, "Isabel Tyler! Go with me!" even both teachers looked amused at this point. isabel's cheek heated up and stared at Leon while telling him to leave the class. But Leon just stood there waiting for Isabel's answer. 

The whole class started to chant, "Go with him! Go with him! GO WITH HIM!" I couldn't help but joined in. Finally Isabel gave in and nodded her head. The whole class clapped their hands and some even shouted. 

The teacher sent Leon back to his own class and at the same time, the final bell rang. 

Cameron appeared outside my class almost in a second. 

"Heard about the dance?" was the first thing he asked me. 

"Yeah, what about it?" 

"Wanna go with me?" straight to the question, huh big guy? 

"Nope, I think I'm going with no one." Cameron stared at me as if I was stupid enough to turn him down. Even girls who heard us had the same expression on their faces. Lots of girls would have wanted to be Cameron's date. I have learned my lesson too, if I become his date, I would end up getting hurt by girls. 

"Are you crazy, C? Girls are chasing after me and you say no to me?" 

"And get myself killed? No way!" 

"I have four days to change your mind, you'll see!" he said with a smirk. We'll just see about that, Cammy. We'll see.