Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Celiana's P.O.V.

I woke up to find myself in a white room. A really white room. One guess, the hospital. I saw Cameron, Isabel, Leon and Tiana fast asleep on the couch in the room. Wait, Tiana was also there? Memories came flooding back and I remembered Tiana apologizing and all. But what if she apologized just to get to Cameron? Why did I even bother about it anyways.

Leon slowly woke up and stretched himself from his uncomfortable position. When he saw that I was awake, he threw himself off the couch and ran to my side. "Celia! Oh gosh! You're awake!" he hugged me but then quickly let me go. 

"What? Do I stink or something?" why did he just pulled himself away from me like that? Usually, the Leon I knew would hug me as long as he could and not let go. I didn't mind of course, since he did that since we were little. 

"No, the doctor said I couldn't move you to much after you just wake up." Leon smiled at me sheepishly. 

"What's with all the- Celia!" Cameron ran over to the both of us and examined me. 

"Isabel! Tia! She's awake!" Leon went over to wake the two sleeping beauties up. Isabel instantly leaped her way to me while Tiana pushed her way to see me. 

"Is your head okay?" that was the first thing Isabel asked. After realizing I was hit on the head, I could feel the pain at the back of my head. "The doctor said you're lucky the metal object didn't do much damage to your head, it's alright but we had to rush you to the hospital since you were losing blood and oh my gosh! You're okay!" Isabel blurted out. 

"What happened back there?" I looked at Cameron. 

"Actually, I should be the one explaining." Tiana spoke up. 

"Why?"

"One of my cheerleaders hit you. She thought I still hated you, so..she hurt you," she started at her feet, not wanting to look at me. 

"It's okay. What did she hit me with?" I looked at Leon for an answer. 

"A frying pan." he looked away when he said it. A frying pan? That trick was kind of old. It reminded me of the movie Tangled I watched, where the girl used frying pans to defend herself. The movie was my favorite movie so far. 

"Does she have long blonde hair like Rapunzel?" I joked. 

"It's not something to be laughing about, Celia. Your dad wanted to bring it to the court." Cameron gave me a serious look. Oh. I didn't know how to respond to that. Even when she didn't know Tiana and I were alright, she shouldn't have done that. But then again, part of me wanted to let it slide. 

"So...Celia. Are we alright?" Tiana's eyes met mine. 

"First, you need to tell me why you broke up with Cameron." 

I saw her tensed up. "At first, it's because he defended you. But then again, it's because I didn't love him. I don't want to be with someone I don't love. That someone also doesn't deserve me loving back." 

I turned to see Cameron's reaction but what came after really surprised me. He laughed and said, "You have no idea how relieved I feel after you saying that! I didn't love you either, but I did learn a few things required in a relationship." 

"So it's over between you two?" I asked the both of them. I didn't know why but I felt like I needed confirmation that the both of them were over. It was a weird feeling. 

"Yeah. Totally." Tiana smiled at me. Something tells me Tiana wasn't going to be a threat anymore. Wait,...a threat for what? 

"Hey Celia! Why are you asking so much questions? Did someone got a crush on someone?" Leon wagged his eyebrows. I slightly punched him on the shoulder and laughed. 

"In your dreams, Leon. When can I get out of here?" 

"In a few days. Cameron will be tutoring you while you're in the hospital. That way, you won't miss any lessons." Tiana said while glaring at Cameron. It was like, I was seeing a backstage scene of a movie. Like, you never knew there was a side of the character and you seen it. That was how I felt. I never seen Tiana's fun side, just her mean side.

"You know, things back in school won't feel the same if we suddenly became friends. People would thing we've gone crazy or something. Nerds and popular people usually don't hang out with each other." Tiana frowned. That was a problem too. It would be weird if we showed up being friends since everyone knew we never got along with each other. 

"We'll keep faking it?" Isabel suggested. Faking it would be a little hard but I could try. The others nodded in agreement. Starting from Wednesday, we would be little actors and actresses. But what could go wrong when Derek and Brian were guarding me all through my high school life? No one would dare hurt me in school but that didn't meant the gossips would stop.

"Tia?" she looked up to meet my face. 

"Yes?"

"I think we could be friends. No more hatred between each other?" 

"Yeah, no more hatred between each other." 

"Hey, someone pinch me!" Leon slapped himself. What was that all about? 

"Dude, are you alright? It's just the girls making up!" Cameron laughed as he slapped Leon on the back. Seriously, I never get why guys like slapping each other on their backs. Was it like a guy thing? 'Cause I really didn't get it, coming from a girl who were friends with Leon since five. 

"But I never thought those two would even have a civil conversation!" now, that made me laugh. Who said we couldn't? Tiana must be thinking the same thing because she was laughing too. 

+~+

Days in the hospital felt like hours only, thanks to my new friends. Tiana and Isabel kept me company after school while Leon and Cameron tutor me the stuff that the teacher taught in class and I missed them. 

Then finally, the day I checked out of the hospital came. The doctor adviced me to not move around too much once I get home or else I would get a headache. 

That night when we were eating dinner, everyone was present. We were engaged in a deep conversation when the door bell rang. Leah stood up and walked over to the door but I ran before she could reach to the door. 

Pain went through my head. Okay, I won't move that much. I turned the door knob and the door opened. Tiana was standing there, holding a pink luggage and a pink sleeping bag. "Hey Celia! Could I sleep over?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay seriously, I'm starting to like Tiana. 

Have you guys ever wondered about Cameron's parents? Especially his mom?