Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 27

I hung up on the phone and excused myself from the others as I went to the neighbourhood's car mechanic. Pulling up in the driveway, Jeff Hatley, was standing there, arms crossed just above his huge belly. A cigarette in his mouth. He was my friend for fixing up my car the last time some kid scratched it. 

Earlier when I was on the phone, I asked him if some truck driver had asked him to fix a truck. The descriptions he gave me matched perfectly to the one that crashed into the Miller's car. Someone was setting it up, I had a feeling. 

"Jeff, could you give me the name of the driver?" I asked after getting out of the car. 

Jeff was a single parent. His wife passed away, he left his daughter Racey when she was three. So Jeff practically lived alone and the place was messy and dirty. He drank every night so he always smelled like alchohol. 

"Lawrence Owen or something like that. That kid sound like in a hurry to leave the truck here." Lawrence Owen..I saved his name in my phone and asked Jeff for an address of Lawrence. After writing down the address, I thanked Jeff and drove off to hunt down that Lawrence guy. 

_____________________________________________

Celia's POV

I felt weight on my shoulder. I turned to look and found Tiana fast asleep with her phone in hand. Her phone vibrated and Cameron's name flashed on the screen. I knew I shouldn't pry into people's messages but I just had a feeling I should take a sneak peak.

Mrs Millers death was arranged by someone. Currently hunting down a guy named Lawrence Owen or something like that. Don't tell Celia before I catch him. Take care of her, Tee. I mean it.

My mom's death was arranged?! I glared at the screen, feeling anger boiling up in my systems. How could someone kill my mom? Was it because of me? Or was it because of someone wanting to get rid of me but needed to get rid of my mom first? 

"Celia..." Leon who fell asleep on my other side woke up. His eyes were half-open while looking at me. He still wore the same clothing I seen him wore earlier. How long was I out?

"Leon, go back to sleep. I need to go somewhere. I'm going to find Cameron." I told him before getting up. He tried standing up but that was before I pushed him down and nodded at Tiana. I needed him to take care of her and makes sure she doesn't realize I was gone. Leon understood and stayed. Isabel was nowhere in sight but that was least of my problems now. 

I needed to find Cameron. I never thought I would do this so soon but..

Taking out my phone, I dialed Cameron's phone number. Why wasn't he answering?! Gathering my jacket from Leah who wasn't in a mood to talk, I called Derek for a ride. 

________________________________________________________

Cameron's POV

My phone rang in my pocket but I wasn't going to answer it. Gripping harder onto Lawrence's neck, I said, "So, are you going to tell me who hired you?" I glared at him. His face was turning pale due to fear but I didn't care. I never cared about people who hurt my friends. 

"Mrs Ross. Her daughter is your fiance, isn't she?" I stopped breathing. Fiance? What?! I was only seventeen and I had never heard of a girl who's last name was Ross. I stopped gripping his neck and let him go. That guy wasn't any use. Taking my phone out, I checked my calls list. Celia called me? 

Why would she call me? Unless..Tee told her about me finding Lawrence? I tried calling Tee but Leon picked up the phone. 

"Where the hell are you? Celia is looking for you!" 

"Where's Tiana?"

"She's sleeping. Celia saw her message and went bolting after you. Dude, find her fast. Derek's with her." with that, I heard a groan from Tee and Leon hung up. 

Before I could call Derek, my own dad called me. 

"Son, I know this isn't the time to call you. But please come to the french restaurant in town. I need you to meet someone there." and he hung up. My dad was a busy man so why would he be in town? Something's fishy here. Leaving Lawrence's house, I drove to town. 

The restaurant was the fanciest place in the whole town and only people who had a reservation could get in. I parked my car and found dad outside of the restaurant waiting for me. 

"Cameron, go in and greet your fiance." 

_________________________________________________

Surprise surprise! Wondering why is it so short? Because there's more in the next chap! 

Vote if you are curious about Cameron's so-called fiance!

Oh and please check out my other story 'White Rose'! It's a vampire romance type of story but  it has tons of romance so for you hopeless romantics, go check it out! You can find my other story on my profile. 

Thanks!