Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 16

Chapter 16

         “That is all for today’s lesson. Please meet back here tomorrow at ten.” The tutor told the four of us before leaving us to do whatever we wanted. Tiana said she could cared less about her studies so she went swimming in the resort’s pool. The rest of us were studying at the picnic table near the beach.

         “I’m getting a chocolate milkshake.” I announced as I stood up while clearing my stuff away. As I carried my books, I headed over to the little counter near the pool where dad said they made the best milkshakes. At first I thought dad was just saying that for fun but when I tried it, I kept wanting more. Especially since it was chocolate flavor. Yum!

         “One chocolate milkshake!” I paid the girl standing behind the cash register and she went to make my milkshake.

         “Are you sure you want another one? It’s the seventh one you had in one day!”Leon suddenly came up from behind. Geez, one of these days I would have a heart attack if he kept doing that. I mean, you couldn’t even hear his footsteps! They were so light and silent!

         “I love this drink. Besides, it’s chocolate.”Leon knew I loved chocolate since I was much younger. Cameron was the one who hated chocolate because he had a bad experience with it. At his eighth birthday, some girl accidentally pushed him into the chocolate fountain and ever since that little accident, he would stay away from chocolate.

         “Ouch!” I turned around and saw Isabel on the ground, her eyes were red like she was about to cry. “Stupid water made me slip.”Leon picked her up.

         “I’ll get this girl to the room and fix her up. No worries. Go have fun.” He winked at me and nodded at Cameron’s direction. Instantly, I felt heat at my cheeks. I couldn’t have like him, could I? I mean, Cameron was a jock and I was a nerd. Two different worlds apart!

         “Where’s my sister?” Cameron’s voice surprised me a little. We were standing under the moonlight, it would be really romantic if I wasn’t slurping on my chocolate milkshake. He raised an eyebrow at my drink and I gave him a sheepish smile.

         “Isabel’s withLeon. She kind of fell down and sprained her ankle. Oh and it’s chocolate.” I raised my milkshake up. Cameron narrowed his eyes at the drink and to my actual surprise, he drank it!

         “It’s good.” I blushed. We were standing so close…

         “Wanna take a walk or something?” I changed the subject and stared at the ocean.

         “Sure.” He shrugged and moments later, we were walking near the path where waves crashed our feet. It was a good thing I wore my white skirt so I didn’t need to get my jeans soak. Cameron on the other hand, had his jeans wet and uncomfortable.

         “Are you and Tiana on good terms?” Cameron asked. What kind of question was that? Well, I supposed I had to answer it anyways or else the awkward silence would continue.

         “Yeah sure. She’s alright.”

         “I’m sorry.”

         “For what?”

         “That I left our friendship for some popularity. It doesn’t matter anymore. I don’t know why.” He had a confused expression on his face. What was he thinking? If only I could know..but that would be prying and it’s wrong.

         “That’s the past, Cammy.”

         “You still call me ‘Cammy’?”

         “Of course!” I laughed at his stupid comment. Of course I called him Cammy! Cammy sounded more cute than Cameron. Wait, what?

         “Remember that time when I was nine and I fell from my bike?” he smirked. Oh yeah, I remembered it clearly alright. He wouldn’t stop crying until I kissed him on the forehead. I blushed at the thought. That was a long time ago.

         “Yes. You cried like a baby.”

         “I was thinking..maybe it’s time to return your kiss.” I felt myself being pulled towards him and a pair of lips met my forehead. My eyes shot wide, I wasn’t expecting that!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Sorry for keeping you guys waiting! Comment and vote! =)