Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 26

I'll be uploading everyday from now on :) 

As usual, vote if you love Celia and want her to have a happy ending!

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 26

Celia's POV

I heard someone's footsteps in the room, I stopped playing the piano and turned around. Cameron was standing there looking at the sheet of paper containing the song we wrote together when we were just eight. His eyes didn't even move when I stopped playing. He must be thinking of something. 

Slowly, he came over to me and for the first time in a long time, he looked at me. At least he dared to. 

Don't cry, Celia. Don't cry now.

I bit the tip of my tongue and forced myself not to cry. Just seeing Cameron brought back bad memories of that night. I didn't want to remember any of that. It would appear to him that I was weak, weak enough to cry. No, I wasn't the same little girl that he broke the heart of last time. This Celia must be strong. 

"You still kept the song?" he asked me as his eyes darted to the paper next to me. Slowly, I nodded my head. Did the song meant anything to him? Or was it..just another song that he wrote together with a girl..? 

"Thanks for keeping it." he said. Looking on the ground, I muttered "No problem." 

There was an awkward silence and the both of us didn't know who should speak up first. But quickly, the silence was interrupted by Leah. 

"Celia!" she shouted my name and ran over to me, ignoring the fact that she was wearing a skirt. She gave me a worried look and then her scared eyes darted to Cameron who raised an eyebrow at her. 

"It's your mom, Celia! She's in the hospital!" 

Who knew those few words would made me bolted into Cameron's car. The three of us were in the car as Cameron drove to the hospital. Please let my mother to be alright, I kept chanting to myself. If she wasn't, I would go insane. I already lost enough and I didn't want to lose my own mother. The car ride was silent, no one spoke to anyone. 

____________________________________________________

"Mom.." my lips quivered. My mom was on the hospital bed, pale and lifeless. The doctor told us that she was with my dad in the car, on the way to the company to do some business. But then a truck driver smashed into their car and the glass somehow cut through my mom's brain, which was why there was bandages around my mom's head. 

Dad was lucky he managed to shield himself before impact between the car and the truck. The Cameron situation was helping either. I needed my mom, I wanted my mom to watch me till I was an adult and I wanted her to see her future grandchildren and all. She must be fine, right?

"Is my mom going to be alright?" I glared at the doctor coldly. I could be an actress at the worst times, like now. Giving my best cold look at the doctor, I repeated my question. He gulped and looked down on the ground.

"Don't make me ask again, doc. I can make your life miserable." okay, so now I was playing the spoiled girl card. But it had to be done. I needed to know my mother's condition. 

"She has an hour to live." he said softly. But loud enough because you could practically hear a pin drop. It was that silent. 

"You're lying!" I stormed out of the room.

Cameron's POV

Celia stormed out of the room, followed by Leah who gave the doctor 'the finger' before exiting the door. Mrs Millers was on the bed, she was breathing, but her whole body screamed 'Dying'. I mean, she was nice to me all this while and she was the first person who hugged me when I knocked on the Millers' mansion. 

She was like a second mother to me. It was all too sudden. There was no way she could just die like that. Her eyes were shut tight and gradually her breathing decreases. Slowly, there was a beep sound and just like that, she was gone. 

For a guy, I knew crying was something wrong but then, Mrs Millers was like my mom. When a mother dies, everyone cries. So that was how I ended up letting loose of the tears. But my crying stopped when I heard louder sobs in the hallways of the hospital. 

Leaving the room, outside at the bench was Celia crying to herself, hugging her legs. Leah was standing beside a vending machine shaking her head, telling me to let her have some space. 

But I knew Celia, when she cries, it meant something. When I sat down next to her, she didn't even stop to acknowledge the fact that someone was sitting beside her. Instead, the sobs grew louder. I couldn't ignore that any longer. Pulling her close, I let her head rest on my shoulder. My shirt was getting wet because of her sobs, but it was fine. Because it was Celia. 

"My mom won't die..." she cried. I knew better than to say anything. I stayed silent and hugged her. Leon and Isabel dashed through the main entrance of the hallway and stopped when they saw Celia crying. 

Isabel who rarely cried, teared up after knowing the news. Leon was quite sad and didn't talk to anyone either. Tiana came later on when Celia had stopped crying. I left those two to comfort each other while I went to the nearest corner and dialed a number. 

Mrs Millers' death, was arranged. Someone wanted her gone. Someone wanted to destroy Celia. Whoever it was, I will find out. I dialed the number of the truck driver that crashed. I had some interogation to do.