Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Celia! What are you doing soaking wet?" Leah gasped when she opened the door. Well, I wasn't completely wet since it was just my top that was wet. Leah grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me. Cameron came in and went to my room. I didn't care what he did as long as he doesn't touch my stuff, I was okay. I texted Leon and Isabel that Cameron sent me home and about what happened back at the mall. Leon was shouting so much I had to hang up.

"Why did you help me? Why did you left your girlfriend?" I asked him while I was in my walk-in closet, changing. I made sure he wasn't going to open the door while I was changing, not to mention half-naked. I heard him sigh. 

"It's because you were once my friend. The fact is I don't actually really hate you, alright. But I don't like you either. And what would your dad say when he finds out? He would kick my whole family out and we won't have a place to stay." he said. So he didn't hate me? So what was with all that act 'I hate you'. And wasn't he the son of a billionaire? Why didn't his family just rented a hotel and end of story?

 "You're really weird you know that? So why don't you want to be my friend?" I let my anger slide. Since he didn't hate me, there wasn't any reason why I should hate him. After changing into my shorts and a white tank top, I walked over to my bed and flopped onto it. Cameron was on his own so I didn't mind being on mine.

"In seventh grade, you became friends with my sister. She's okay to hang out with but when you started being friends with other nerds, the whole school categorized you as a nerd. I needed my popularity so I kind of ditch you and Leon." what kind of lame excuse was that?

"You know what? That's the lamest excuse I heard from a boy! Dude, you're like what? Sixteen going on seventeen? Did you know how painful is it to lose someone who you cared about since five? You were my best friend and all of a sudden you blew it. Next year you're going to be a senior, are you still going to treat me like I'm a nerd and push me till I fall every single minute in a day?" my eyes grew wide when I realized I was shouting at Cameron.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Save it. It's my fault I left you and leon."

"No I mean, even so. I shouldn't have yelled."

"I said, it's alright. But on Monday, things go back to the way it is, alright?" all of a sudden, my bedroom door burst open and there stood two teenagers. Leon grabbed Cameron by the collar and punched him. 

"That's for your girlfriend. Give her the message since I couldn't punch a girl." he said bitterly. Isabel ran over to me and examined me. 

"Are you alright? We immediately came home. I'm sorry, we shouldn't have left you like that. It's our fault. Please forgive us?" she pouted. I hugged her and immediately I felt her shoulders loosened up. My attention snapped back to Leon and Cameron.

"I brought Celia home, didn't I?" he glared at Leon. I hated it when those two fight. The first fight they had was at my sixth birthday. Those two couldn't decide who would light the candles for me and so resulting my cake destroyed due to the two boys having a mini food fight. The cake stained the carpets at Leon's house since we celebrated it there.

"If your girlfriend couldn't control her actions then she wouldn't even be humiliated!" Leon shoved Cameron away. 

"Guys, break it up. Cameron's alright. I'm alright. You guys are alright. Can we just forget everything that happened today?" I threw my hands up in frustration and immediately the boys stopped fighting. 

The following day was kind of boring besides the fact that Isabel won Leon in a game of Mario five times in a row. Cameron was in his silent mode. Usually his silent mode was his thinking mode but I doubt if he was even thinking of anything. 

Monday came and we were on the way to school. I was really not looking forward to school after that incident. Leon made sure whoever that brought that up would end up losing a tooth. Isabel was great in black-mailing but I told her not to use her little....scheme. 

"Hey why is everyone gathering around the popular table?" Isabel asked Leon as he sat down with us during recess. Leon took a bite of his sandwich before answering. There really was many people gathering around that table. I didn't know why though. When I got to the cafeteria, people were already gathering there.

"You didn't hear?" Leon raised an eyebrow at me.

"Hear what?" My turn to raise an eyebrow.

"I thought you and Mr Jock were back to being friends?"

"Leon Silver, are you jealous or something?" I smirked.

"No.." 

"Then tell me." I narrowed my eyes at him.

Before Leon could answer, I heard Tiana's voice. "Cameron Tyler. I'm breaking up with you!" What?! 

Was that girl going to humiliate me then break Cameron's heart? I stood up and marched over to their table with Leon and Isabel following me behind. Everyone who saw me whispered something as I passed by. I hated high school. Tiana saw me and faked a smile.

"Well, if it isn't little Celiana. Tell me, how did that smoothie tasted?" I slapped her. She recoiled in horror. 

"How dare you slap me? Don't you know who I am?" Didn't she know who I was? Oh right! She didn't. 

"You humiliated me. Now you're going to humiliate Cameron in front of everyone?" I crossed my arms. Cameron looked at me with a surprised look. 

"What are you doing?" he looked at me. 

"Standing in front of Tiana while screaming at her face." I shrugged like it wasn't much of a deal. Tiana and her cheerleaders surrounded me making sure no one was with me. "Touch me and each of you will regret." I hated being mean, instantly I regretted coming over.

"I heard you and Cammy live together now? Are you happy?" 

"We live together only because our dads are best friends and because his house is destroyed. If you're breaking up with him just because of that silly matter then you're losing a really special friend." I looked at her with a bored expression. But inside me, I had mixed feelings. 

"Hmm...fine. I won't break up with him on one condition." I knew this was coming.

"What?" 

"This." she took her drink and was about to pour it on me. I closed my eyes waiting for me to get soak for the second time but it never came. I opened my eyes and saw someone standing in front of me, soaked. 

"Cameron?"

"It's Cammy, you idiot."