The Snitches Daughter

Ka'MIko sat lost in her thoughts as she had just returned home for the weekend. She was thanking God that she didn't get beat up today, but that was mainly because everyone usually skipped on Fridays. She contimplated dropping out because she as sick of it all. It's not like she could fight back because usually the girls ran in packs, but males also would beat her up. Ever since her father got arrested the whole damn city seemed to know about him giving information to the ops. They mugged her everywhere she went and would sometimes even attempt to kill her.  Her father was labeled a snitch in damn near every hood in the city.

But it really didn't seem to make sense because he still had to serve twenty years; They charged him with everything known to man, weapon and drug trafficking, first and second degree murder, rape, tax invasion. and the list goes on. He never lived to serve the time because he was killed shortly after entering the prison. She tried to defend her dad, but that infuriated the people more.. She heard a banging on the door, and jumped off her bed as her thoughts were interrupted. She looked out the peephole and saw men with hockey mask on. 

"C'mon, Ka'Miko. We know you in there girl, make this simple, open the door." They called from the other side. She slowly backed away trying to be as quiet as possible. 

"Oh, you wanna make this shit difficult." A guy sighed, 

The banging intensified as her door started to cave in. The men pounded the door with their feet and guns. The door was old and not sturdy at all. Ka'Miko looked around the house frantically for an escape. But there was no where to run to. She put on her dusty Adidas sneakers and went to her balcony. Frightened, she looked down the 6 stories. People began to look up at the young girl who now sat on the ledge.

"Ka'Miko! What are you doing?" She heard her mother call. 

Just as she heard her, the door busted open, she looked back and saw the men walking towards the balcony guns ready.

"KA'MIKO!" was the last thing she heard as she jumped off the balcony feeling the quickening of her heart and hearing the fast wind whistling in her ear.It all happened so fast but the few seconds that she fell was the most peace she's has gotten in the last 2 years. It ended with a explosive pain and the sound of shattering glass and a car alarm. 

"Ka'Miko!" She heard her mothers screams as the voice faded. 

3 weeks later...

"Ka'Miko..Ka'Miko..can you hear me?" She heard as her eyes fluttered open. 

"Hm." She groaned as she saw a doctor looking at her. 

"Is your vision blurry?" He asked as she came into focus. She shook her head 'no'.

"You took quite the fall." He chuckled in a friendly manner. But she wasn't feeling friendly. There was nothing worse than wanting to die but still being forced to live. 'Why didn't God take me?' She thought to herself.

"You've got a broken arms, a minor fracture in your ribs, but I mean, you've been a coma for the last 3 week so, I'm sure you may not feel in that much pain. I think the coma was heaven sent to be honest, you would've been in a intense amount of pain." The doctor explained. He was a tall, white male with dark features. He began to examine her, checking her temperature and such. She just sat there in confusion. 

"Your mother was here earlier. I'll give her a call so she can come pick you up. Take it easy for a little while, you should be okay. But we're going to give you something for the pain just in case it comes back. Your ribs were fractured and that might be the most painful part." He smiled reassuringly.