Chapter 33 - Never Let Go

Okie dokie, not edited...but ya get that – will go through it soon though. My throat is killing me, I have tonsillitis and feel like crap....so if this chap sucks, I’m not too fazed right now lol >>>> Important note at the end too

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Three ~ ~

(Leila’s POV)

Slamming the office door open, Mia jumped out of my seat, dropping the papers she was holding in her hand as she read them and glared up at me, “Are you trying to kill me with heart failure?” she demanded, clutching one hand over where her heart is.

Rolling my eyes at her dramatic accusations, I shut the door behind me and walked over to the seat that she usually sits in when she comes in here, “I think it would take a lot more than heart failure to kill you Mia,” I muttered dryly.

She scrunched her face up, “What’s got your knickers in a knot?”

Shrugging as I stared blankly at the corner of the big desk, taking in all the dents and scratches from someone carelessly moving it around and hitting it on objects, “I'm just thinking; that’s all.”

“Of how you’re going to repay Baden for slapping you like a gutless wonder?” she asked, well, more offering to think up of a repayment since she is still furious about it.

Looking up and meeting her ruthless eyes, I shook my head slowly, “Lay a finger on him and its war Mia, you know that,” I warned with a grave tone.

Was I surprised that he lashed out and slapped me? Not really, I had it coming with what I said to him, but I also had my reasons and one day I will make it up to him, to all of them. For now, I can worry less knowing they aren’t getting involved.

“What are you thinking about?” Mia frowned, sounding a little put out that I won’t let her attack Baden.

“I think I may have found a way to get Blaze out in the open,” I mumbled slowly, still thinking it over and debating on whether it was worth taking the risk or not and if it would actually work.

Mia instantly sat forward on her seat, propping her elbows up on the desk, “I'm listening,” she smiled eagerly and I shook my head lightly at her, slightly amused.

“Seriously, I love your idea,” Mia smirked as she pulled at the hem of the white dress while I raised my eyebrows at her.

“Um, you do know they don’t wear crap like that, right?”

She frowned for a moment, “Don’t they? Where’s all the fun for the dying old men then?”

Shaking my head, I looked away to my reflection in the mirror at the green outfit I was wearing, “They die without mind cheating on their wives,” I answered her as she stepped up beside me and twirled back and forth, checking out her own reflection in her naughty nurses costume.

“No sin in mind cheating,” she thought aloud.

Rolling my eyes at her, “When I said you needed to be a nurse, did you just go out to the closest adult costume store and buy one?”

Mia smiled up at me as she played around with her long hair, pulling it up into a twisted bun as soft tendrils of flaming red fell down around her face, “Maybe,” she muttered, “I look hot though, so I'm keeping it.”

“You do that,” I groaned before walking away from the mirror and towards the chair that had a black clothes bag draped over it, “I had the feeling you weren’t going to take this seriously, so I stole you a proper nurse outfit,” and I handed the bag over.