Chapter 25 - Never Let Go

I'm going to double check spelling after, just wanted to get the upload up for now =)

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Five ~ ~

(Leila’s POV)

Hauling myself up onto the top of the tall brick fence, my hands gripped onto the edges as I swung my leg up and over before positioning myself in a sitting stance with my legs dangling down. The huge tree in front of me was my cover as my eyes swept the dark area filled with tons of different shades of shadows.

I still remember coming here with Baden that time after our house had been hit and Gianni’s men had attempted to kill myself, Phil and Max. This is the stomping grounds where I officially snapped and had had enough of it all; this is where I heartlessly killed people alongside the love of my life and this is where I gained my first real taste of revenge and loved it.

Reaching behind myself to pull my bag halfway around my body, I slowly unzipped the top and reached in for my binoculars complete with night vision mode which I had switched on already. Lifting them up to meet my eyes I used the tip of one finger to slowly roll the dial for the zoom and focus until I had a clear image of the front steps of the massive mansion.

It never made sense to me as to why people who had gained all their money through illegal activities went out and splurged on massive places to live. Are they asking to be robbed or to have their place ambushed? A lot of these places can’t even be called ‘homes’ because all they really are for is to display how much ‘money’ a person owns.

Not like our home.

Our home is big but not massive, plus we needed the big space with six people. Our home is safe and cosy with the small personal touches someone had made who I'm presuming would have been Amberly. I couldn’t picture the guys going around and adding all the personal bits and pieces that I had noticed when I was there last.

Something hard hit my shoulder lightly before falling down to the grass below and I glanced up to my right but couldn’t see anything. Holding the binoculars up once more I found a small grin spreading across my lips as I watched Mia pointing angrily at the side of her head as she picked up something off the ground before threatening to throw it at me.

Shaking my head softly as I pulled the binoculars away from my face and searched through my bag to find what she wanted me to use. Mia had gone all out to find this exact piece of technology so we could use it and keep in contact. To me it just seemed like a tinier version of a headset that you see operators wearing but Mia insisted it was high tech and that we could never be out of range from one another with them.

Slipping the piece into my ear and fiddling with the hook to make sure it was secure over my ear so the thing wouldn’t fall out. I held the binoculars up once more with my free hand while I fiddled with the mouth piece connected to the ear piece and switched the thing on.

The second after I had it turned on another small but hard object hit my leg and I glared at nothing in particular as I watched the front doors to the mansion with my night vision, “What?” I hissed quietly.

This was the one problem I pointed out to Mia when she got these stupid things – you can’t silently communicate through them. If someone was nearby then they would hear us speaking and our cover would be blown.

Mia’s voice crackled through the ear piece and I winced slightly since it came out louder than I had expected. “If you knew how much money I spent to get these, then you wouldn’t leave it sitting in your damn bag,” she hissed back but with annoyance in her tone which made me smirk slightly.