Chapter 2 - Never Let Go

Hey all, well I’m going to keep this mostly in Amberly’s POV but will chuck Dougy’s and Phil’s in here as well now and then bc I don’t want it to become all over the place with a different POV for every chap. =)

And, I’ve got a new editor on this one – who I will be dedicating next chap too since I already had this one promised bc this girl sent me the most amazing message about my stories – particularly NBTSA and she rocked my socks with what she had said =)

~ ~ Chapter Two ~ ~

(Dougy’s POV)

Amberly was hugging Neil goodbye and whispering to him softly while Phil had already walked off to the car with the bag in his hands. I know breaking Jeff out of prison was meant to distract me but I can’t help it that every thought I have leads back to my sister. The guilt eating away at my insides was overwhelming, it was my entire fault. I was the one who gave in to her and said she could come, I was the one who trusted her safety with Craig and I was the one who let her jump into the car with Baden.

I never imagined that would be the last time I would see her again.

Shaking that image from my head I glared over at Amberly and Neil before storming the last few steps their way and grabbing Amberly’s shoulder and twisting her around, then shoving her gently in the direction of the car, “Come on.” I muttered and shot Neil daggers before walking behind Amberly.

She glanced over her shoulder past me and focused on Darcy’s little brother, “Bye and thank you.” She smiled slightly with a little wave and turned back around.

“Don’t thank him yet, they might be utterly useless to us.” I snapped, my tone coming out rude and I knew it as soon as I spoke but I couldn’t take it back. I have so much anger swirling around inside of me.

Looking up at the stars I knew I would be dropping these two back off at the house and then I will would be heading out again.I'm not telling them where though because they will only try and take me out of it. I'm not stupid, I can see the worried looks they give me and the other looks where they are basically accusing me of being crazy but I refused to believe Leila is gone for good.

She just can’t be because if she is – then I have failed her as her big brother.

Jumping into the driver’s seat and starting the engine up, I had to shove the big blueprint out of my way since Phil thought I didn’t need to see the actual road to know where I am. He gave me a sheepish grin and I shot him an annoyed look back.

“These prints are pretty good.” He commented shoving the one in his hands down by his feet and unrolling another one, turning it around once to hold it up correctly.

“Just don’t scrunch them all up.” Amberly scolded lightly from the back seat. Glancing at her quickly in the rear vision mirror it’s obvious to anyone that she has come out of her shell a lot since she first met us but she is still the same sweet person, just feels more at ease with us two now and still mothers us – which is annoying at times but I know she means well, so I have said nothing about it.

“I'm not five, geez.” Phil muttered frowning before holding the print up in his hands a little higher to show her it was still intact.

“Just like you said you weren’t going to drop that box the other day? Huh, butter fingers?” Amberly teased from the backseat, leaning forward to look over his shoulder at the prints in his lap and hands.