Chapter 15 - Never Let Go

Reckon ya all will like this chap =)

~ ~ Chapter Fifteen ~ ~

(Amberly’s POV)

“I'm sick of being singled out, this is BS people!” Phil cried from the front seat, throwing his arms up dramatically as far as he could inside of the car but it only caused him pain.

“It’s because you’re a pretty boy and don't take stuff seriously,” Dougy snapped at him from next to me in the back, glaring daggers at the back of Baden’s head, clenching his jaw which was a tell tale sign that he was about to go all loco on Baden’s arse any minute now.

“How do I not take things seriously?” Phil demanded, turning to look at Dougy in slight shock. I rose an eyebrow in disbelief, is he seriously asking that question? I love Phil like a brother (a proper one, not like my step brother) but he sure can be a bit slow at times.

By the wide eyed facial Dougy was pulling, I’d say he was thinking the same thing I was, “What?” he snapped, “How about the fact you ran around screaming ‘we’re under attack’ or ‘somebody call the police’ when you downright knew that explosion was our doing!” he snapped angrily as Phil smirked slightly.

Baden turned and frowned at Phil, shaking his head slightly but said nothing as Phil just shrugged, “It added excitement – something we all seem to be lacking lately.”

My mouth fell open, “Are you serious? What about what just happened tonight? Last night? I think if anything we have too much ‘excitement’ around here and could do with a couple of dull and boring days,” I gasped in shock, how does his mind even work?

Phil glanced back and grinned at me, “Not even A, this is nothing compared to what we use to get up to,” and he gave me a quick wink before facing the front again.

“We were a lot younger back then Phil,” Dougy growled quietly, and then suddenly thought of something, “Were any of Leo’s guys there?”

Phil chuckled and then moaned as it must have caused him pain, “Those fools? Yeah, claimed to be helping me but every time they tried to jump in – I would punch ‘em one, I didn’t need their help,” he sneered slightly, almost repulsed by the idea of Leo’s ‘men’ helping him in a fight.

“Where were they then?” Dougy questioned again and it was only now that I remembered Leo had rang us and said his men were trying to help and he made it sound like he was there too but I didn’t see him anywhere, unless he was watching the whole thing from a distance?

Phil shrugged, groaning again, “I need to remember to sit still,” he mumbled to himself before answering the question, “Um, they just took off like a minute or two before you got there, I figured the cops were coming but couldn’t get away.”

“You’re just lucky the cops didn’t come,” Dougy grunted as the car started to slow down. I looked out through the front windscreen, thinking we were pulling up to the apartment parking lot but frowned when I noticed it was just a red light.

“I just want to be back already,” I mumbled to myself, leaning back in my seat and closing my eyes, though I could feel one of these boys watching me and I'm guessing it is Dougy. Peeking out of one eye, my guess was confirmed correct when I saw him looking at me; he frowned slightly as he leant over towards me.

“Why did you ask for forgiveness before?” he whispered, glancing to the front to see if the other two were listening in or not. It didn’t matter to me if they were anyway.