Chapter 24 - Never Let Go

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Four ~ ~

The room was dead silent apart from the soft hum of the TV playing quietly in the background which I don't think anyone was actually watching or paying close attention to. My mind was off in its own little world as I wondered what my next move could be to hunting Leila down.

It’s clear as day she doesn’t want me or anyone else finding her and as much as it’s frustrating the heck out of me – I'm glad she’s not easy to find because if I can’t locate her, then it means that no one else can. But I'm a stubborn fool who won’t ever give up, I will spend years tracking her down just like last time.

Avoiding eye contact with Phil was easy since I was just staring blankly at the wall and ignoring the suspicious glares Baden was giving me, he wasn’t giving up either that boy. He knows we have been up to something lately and he’s determined to bust us out and find out what it is.

Phil was shifting in his seat every two minutes, he could never really stand the silence and I knew it would be just a matter of time before he startled rambling pointless things to start a conversation of some sort flowing.

Amberly hasn’t said more than two words to either of us since we disappeared to hunt Darcy down three days ago and I know she’s hurting by the fact we left her out and I feel bad for it but right now my only objective is to find Leila and once I find her again, then Amberly will forgive us when she realises we are doing what we’re doing because we have to and not because we’re purposely trying to hurt her.

Baden I can see going off his head at us for not involving him or telling him but he deserves it for playing dead for so long, he shouldn’t have been so selfish and just contacted us at the very least. Jeff doesn’t seem to be too fazed by what we are doing; he looks like he is off in his world most of the time, distracted by something. I wouldn’t have a clue what it is but I know better than to ask since we all have our own little secrets around here.

Right now the only thing we are working on is waiting for a phone call from Mia telling us Leila had contacted her but I'm not holding my breath on that one because Mia doesn’t seem very trustworthy and she also stuck up for Darcy. Anyone who sticks up for Darcy is not trustworthy in my books.

We tried to follow Mia that morning, after we let her walk away but damn can that girl drive. She basically disappeared into thin air, it wouldn’t have been as bad if the traffic was heavy but it was light with only a few cars sprinkled here and there and the girl still managed to lose us immediately.

Never has a girl managed to infuriate me as much as what she does. Not even teenage Leila pissed me off as much as what Mia manages to do and I barely know the girl.

Amberly stood up from the couch and I watched Jeff’s head snapped in her direction instantly, the back of his head was faced towards me so I don't know if he had whispered something to her or just gave her a look but she smiled gently back at him before walking out of the room and not even bothering to glance in either mine or Phil’s direction.

I tried to shrug it off and if it had been anyone else, then I would have easily been able to ignore it but it was Amberly and I had hurt her. Not even a minute later my phone vibrated in my pocket since I had it switched the silent and I pulled it out to see one new message from Phil.

Fighting the urge to look over at him with a frown because Baden was watching the two of us like a Hawke, I opened it up to see what he wanted to say to me in silence; not that Baden isn’t going to figure this out if I reply to Phil.