Chapter 32 - Never Let Go

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Two ~ ~

(Dougy’s POV)

“I'm going to kill him.” Those five simple words were a statement, no messing around in the tone they were spoken in and Phil’s face was set hard and serious. He meant it, he wanted to kill Baden right now and that alone caused me to look over at him with slight surprise.

Sure Phil has killed people before, hell, we all have, but never one of our own – unless it was a traitor and right now, Baden basically is a traitor to us. Not in the same sense as most are, but he just turned his back on Leila without even questioning her motives or reasoning as to why she has stayed hidden.

The girl thinks she is keeping us safe, but sooner or later she will realise she needs us, that we are only ever ‘safe’ when we work together and I have no doubt in my mind that she will come around...I just hope it’s before it’s all too late.

“Lee will hate you if you do,” I muttered as I placed the last few guns into the back of the van. Our shipment never arrived, so we were reduced to scouring the area for any guns left unattained to bring our stock levels up a bit more until we sort our crap out.

“I know, but we can always blame someone else,” Phil muttered as he slammed the door shut and looked at me. Every movement I made shot pain through my body and I was getting sick of it. The older we get, the more pain I seem to receive during fights.

“I'm sure Jeff will go along with that,” I smirked slightly, we all knew he wouldn’t. He would stand by Baden until the end, no matter how much Baden may be in the wrong. Their friendship is exactly like mine and Phil’s and they have probably just as much history together like we do.

“If Amber tells him to, he might,” Phil grinned before looking off into the slight distance, “Oi, Ed, you want a lift somewhere?” he shouted out and I looked up to see Eddie leaning against one of the few cars left behind by Paul’s men.

Baden had shot him in the leg, apparently the same spot Leila had shot him over a year ago – which would have hurt like there is no tomorrow, but he surprising has dealt with it better than what most people would. I can’t tell you why he is still here, Baden took off straight after he shot the guy and we told Jeff to take Amberly away as well. That girl didn’t need to be here any longer than necessary.

“The name’s Eddie,” he grunted loud enough for our ears to hear and I smirked slightly.

Phil chuckled, “Whatever ya say Ed.”

“If I could get away with killing you right now, I would,” Eddie grunted again as he pushed himself off of the car and limped towards us slowly, “And it’s not because your friend is here – he doesn’t worry me, but Leila does.”

For some reason those words filled my heart with pride over my little sister, she sure has built a name up for herself. She started off as a nobody, an invisible person who no one knew existed anymore and now she has bad guys like Eddie worried about crossing her path.

“Lee isn’t that scary,” Phil chuckled, amused by it all.

Eddie raised an eyebrow, “You tell her that then.”

“How long have you been working with my sister for?” I asked, genuinely curious because I had no idea that Leila had more than Mia working with her.

Eddie scoffed loudly and looked insulted, “I am not working for that brat. I just lend a helping hand when I feel like it.”

“Did you just call my sister a brat?” I growled, winching as I grabbed my stomach and held pressure to it.