Chapter 18 - Never Let Go

~ ~ Chapter Eighteen ~ ~

(Dougy’s POV)

I watched my most trusted black haired friend kick smoking and burnt bodies out of his way as his face was scrunched up in disgust at the strong smell of burnt flesh which was almost nauseating but he soldiered on through the pile, slowly making his way to what were the front doors less than five minutes ago.

Eyeing the blown up hole with a grin on my face at a job well done and by Baden of all people too – I knew Hamilton was going to hunt us down for doing this to his house, if this actually is his place but I'm pretty sure we are on the ball for this one.

Just like I know he is behind Amberly being all MIA on us right now.

I don't know what he actually wants with her or why but if he is going to keep interfering in our lives and hers, then we will have to take him down, give him his own personally black body bag and then deal with the consequences afterwards because I know the people who work for him will come after us even if their boss was dead.

He has a thing for only hiring loyal people – something Baden should seriously look into as well.

Feeling my boot sink into something squishy, my eyes darted down instantly and I groaned loudly while pulling my boot back out of the intestines of some dead man, “That is bloody disgusting!”

“Suck it up princess,” Baden grunted as he kicked a twitching body out of his way while he stormed past me, machine gun in his hands and ready to fire at anything at any given moment. His face had that serious ‘I'm here for business’ look to it as his eyes scanned our surroundings with suspicion.

“What are you two ladies waiting for back there?” Phil hissed out and I looked up at him as he turned and frowned. Shaking my foot vigorously, I suddenly stopped realising I was only entering an enemies house so what was a bit of blood guts on his flashy flooring?

I opened my mouth to give him a nasty comeback but a dark shadow further behind him caught my eye as I watched a man slowly raise his gun to aim at Phil’s back – stupid idiot he is, he knows to never turn around in a situation like this.

Quick as a flash I had my own handheld raised and fired the second I had a good shot in, the gun blasted and the bullet split through the air, just missing the side of Phil’s face as his eyes widened in surprise, “It was just a joke!” he half shouted as he cupped his cheek and stared at me incredulously.

I watched the man in the shadows fall down and quickly walked forward, knowing it wasn’t a kill shot and needing to finish him off quick smart. Glaring at Phil as I got closer to him, “If you were my target, I wouldn’t have missed,’ I grunted and he followed my eye sight and made a small ‘Oh’ sound as he nodded his head slowly.

Shaking my head at his stupidity I sometimes wonder how he has even managed to survive in this world for so long but then again, he has saved my ass countless times now and vice versa. I guess it really does pay to have friends in our lifestyle....except for when your lifestyle steals your loved ones.

Not kill, steal because I have never once believed my little sister is dead and Baden’s reappearance has only proved my theory even more.

Another shot from my gun rang out through the large foyer and the man’s body jumped from the impact before his eyes rolled to the back of his head, confirming he was one hundred per cent dead now.

“If I lived here, I would keep my prisoners on the highest floor,” Phil muttered out loud to himself, scratching the side of his head as he looked over at the stairs.