Chapter 16 - Never Let Go

~ ~ Chapter Sixteen ~ ~

“Hey, baby girl, no more tears,” Jeff whispered softly in my ear while I clung to him, burying my face in his chest and soaking the front of his shirt with my tears. I can’t believe I finally have him in my arms again after all this time of being apart.

Sniffing a little and trying to calm myself down, I only clung on even tighter to him, never wanting to let go ever again, “S-sorry,” I stuttered softly, “I’ve just missed you so much.”

His arms tightened around my back, pressing me even closer to his chest as he rested the side of his face softly on top of my head, “I’ve missed you too,” he mumbled softly, “I love you Amberly.”

Jeff’s grip on me loosened enough so he could pull me back a little and I slowly looked up to meet his eyes that were shining with so much love that was just for me and me only. Sobbing softly as I smiled a little, I don't know how I ever managed to survive for so long without him by my side.

Tears silently ran down my cheeks like small rivers on their own accord, once the water works had started, it seemed I couldn’t stop them as all my emotions become too overwhelming for me to keep locked up. Jeff brought one hand up to the side of my face and gently with calloused fingers, wiped my tears away but just as quick as he wiped one, another would take its place.

“I love you so much, please don't leave me again,” my voice was shaky as my bottom lip quivered at the thought of letting him go.

Jeff smiled softly as he shook his head, “I won’t, I promise,” he spoke softly as he took hold of my chin with such tenderness that I almost melted from his touch, how I’ve missed the way he looks at me with such love and warmth, the way his touches are so soft, his smile that he only gives me.

He stared straight into my eyes as he lowered his head to meet mine, resting his forehead gently on mine as he smiled again, a smile full of happiness just before his lips grazed mine ever so softly that I couldn’t help but press mine roughly to his, needing to know this isn’t a dream and that I wasn’t going to wake up any minute now, all alone and without him.

Jeff didn’t seem to mind though as his hand left my chin and snaked around my back, pulling me to him tightly again as my tongue grazed his bottom lip, asking for entrance that I so desperately needed, to feel and he opened willingly, our tongues forming a slow dance of love, heat and built up passion that neither of us have shared for such a long time now.

My hands slid up his firm chest, running up and over his shoulders only to trail down his arms, a small moan escaped my mouth, I have never needed to feel him with this desperation before and it was kind of scary but I didn’t give it another thought. This is Jeff, the one man I have ever loved, who has ever truly loved me for me and I knew he felt this same desperation like I did.

Too soon he pulled away though, giving me one last soft peck that lingered for a few moments before he finally pulled away, breaking the contact between our lips as I breathed heavily, my tears long forgotten as I stared deep into his eyes, both of us silent, our noses slightly touching as we just stared at each other.