Chapter 7 - Never Let Go

Here's the next Chapter, hope ya all enjoy it! xo

~ ~ Chapter Seven ~ ~

(Amberly’s POV)

Dougy doesn’t trust the others at all, according to him you can’t trust criminals with anything – I did point out that he is a criminal himself but he just scoffed and said he had standards unlike them before walking away. Phil is the exact opposite actually, he trusts the guys saying that they will jump in to help any of us when we needed it and that Dougy needed to relax a little more and me? Well, I don't even know them and I'm not sure whose side to take on this one. So I'm going to let them argue it out between themselves.

But we all do agree on one thing; our secret home will stay just that – our secret home. When Baden bought the place it was with the intention for the six of us to share but the fact that there is no longer six of us around isn’t going to change anything and not one of us is ever going to tell another living soul about it.

“A, we’re here.” Phil’s voice broke me from my thoughts as I looked up, blinking a little and glanced out the window at the familiar but different building. I had heard that it got burnt to the ground and that he had only recently re-built the place but he has obviously tried to make it look the same with a few differences.

Smiling a little, I opened my door and climbed out the car. The bouncer by the front door grinned immediately as his eyes landed on me, “Amberly, so good to see you again.” He greeted as I walked towards him with both Phil and Dougy right beside me.

Phil feels more like a friend tagging along while Dougy feels like a territorial pitbull ready to tear anyone to shreds who steps too close – I have to admit that it is a little daunting but I don't bother arguing, knowing that I will only lose.

“Yeah, it’s been awhile.” I smiled politely at the tall and broad man known as ‘Bouncer E’ he started working here a year after Leila and I started and is a pretty decent bloke with a wife and two little girls – who he would rather send to a convent than have them dance for money.

His eyes drifted past me and landed on the two guys and I swear I noticed slight fear flick through them before he looked away with obvious recognition as he gave a small nod, “Marty’s in his office.” And he stepped aside, allowing us entry.

“Thanks.” I smiled and walked in to the sounds of music I knew only all too well. Looking around the lay out on the inside had changed a little as well and I have to admit that it looked better than before. Right now there were three girls up on stage, swinging around on poles and grinding their hearts out all wearing seductive smiles.

Donnas’ eyes met mine and excitement filled them, I gave her a little wave before walking past since she couldn’t stop her act to come chat as the place was pretty packed tonight.

“Stay close.” Dougy grunted as he gentle pushed past me to take the lead. Rolling my eyes I nodded and followed him to the side door which would open up into the back corridor which had the toilets, change rooms and Marty’s office.

Old memories hit me hard and fast, every single one had to do with Leila – us walking along and working out who was buying dinner, organising what we were going to do after our shift, me telling her to dump whatever sorry ass for an excuse boyfriend she was currently dating.

Blinking back tears, I looked up at the ceiling as I followed closely behind Dougy, I didn’t think it would be this hard coming back here. I'm usually pretty good with keeping my emotions in check but apparently not when I'm in our old work place.