Chapter 5 - Never Let Go

~ ~ Chapter Five ~ ~

Gripping my hands onto the strap of my side bag, my eyes kept darting all around me but I'm thankful no other pedestrians could see this because of my dark sunnies. I did my best at keeping a light smile on my face and my body relaxed so no one would look at me with suspicion of any kind but that is hard to do when you’re walking down a busy street lined with shops on both sides and plenty of busy shoppers walking all around you.

No, I haven’t suddenly become paranoid of everything and everyone around me – I'm doing a little job for Phil. Dougy decided I was now the one who needed a distraction since Jeff still hasn’t made any kind of contact with me yet and Phil gave me something to distract myself with and apparently this would be really helping him out.

Patting the side of the bag once more, just to feel the big bulge so I knew it was in there still, my eyes darted further up the side walk to a pink building and a small sigh of relief escaped my lips – almost there. Apparently I get to be a messenger girl now. In my bag is a large package of money – fifty thousand to be correct and I am dropping it off to some girl at this certain shop and she will give me a bag back in return.

I only agreed because it was a girl and not some man and because both Phil and Dougy assured me I would be perfectly safe because the girl is the manager of this beauty salon – the pink building but also, to calm my nerves – both the boys are around the corner a block away, waiting in the car for me.

Stopping outside the glass door, I peered in for a moment, looking around at a few older ladies sitting in high backed black chairs, talking away as younger girls cut and styled their hair. There was a younger girl, about my age sitting at a table with her hands resting on a white towel while an older woman talked away, buffing and painting the girls nails. It seems safe enough in here.

A bit on the pink side though and this is coming from me and I love the colour pink.

Scrunching my nose slightly, I pushed the glass door open, ringing the little bell above my head in the process and causing a few heads to turn my way, all with welcoming smiles on their faces but I guess it’s their job to make a ‘customer’ feel welcomed here.

To my right was a tall light brown coloured wooden desk with a small computer and cash register sitting on top of it, along with a rack of multiple different earrings for sale and cosmetics. The place reeked of chemicals and wet hair.

Suddenly from out of nowhere a tall brunette approached me, long fake pink nails, a tight white top that had the buttons screaming for help to stay done up against the size of her giant breasts and nice fitting black pants with a pair of heels on her feet.

“Good afternoon, how may I help you?” she greeted me as she walked around to stand behind the desk.

Smiling a little as I pushed my sunnies to the top of my head, “Um, hi. I'm looking for Sonya?” I asked, quickly glancing around and not seeing one worker with a name tag so I had no idea who this girl was.

“That’s me, what can I do for you?” I turned back to study her face which remained blank with that smile but her tone had sounded slightly bitchy if you ask me.

“Phil sent me.”

“Phil?” she spat with attitude as she looked me up and down, “He sent some whore in here to do his business? I can’t believe him.” Her tone took on a mild screeching sound and I groaned internally – what on earth have you set me up for Phil?