Chapter 16

"Thanks" I said as he set a cup of coffee down in front of me.

I smiled a bit as I remembered being on this table a hour ago.

I slipped on Brock's Death Clutch tee he had on before to accompany my underwear after my shower as I sat with my knees to my chest looking out at his backyard.

He sat down in the chair opposite me shirtless with only his trackpants on.

"Its so nice and quiet out here.. I get why you like living here..."

I looked around at the greenery.

"It is and no neighbours to watch me while I fuck your brains out" he winked as he brought his cup to his lips.

"I forgot how Brock turns into a ray of sunshine after his been inside me" I remarked causing him to smirk.

"What are you talking about I'm always a ray of sunshine" he asked acting genuinely surprised.

"I'm pretty sure the rest of our colleagues would beg to differ"

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Well unfortunately for them I don't give a fuck about them..." He shrugged as he looked behind him as a bird flew by.

"So you give a fuck about me?" I asked slowly and his eyes fell on me.

I just wanted him to say something that would give me a definite answer as to what we were.

Or what he wanted.

"What do you think?"

I frowned, "why can't you just tell me.. Cause I don't know what to think.."

My voice slowly fading.

"Makes two of us Nicole" he stared blankly at me.

I remembered Dean.

He had texted me before I came down this morning asking where I was as he went to my suite and I had cleared out so Renee clearly hadn't told him.

I told him I was spending the weekend at one of my cousins which couldn't be more of a lie.

Tomorrow we would be flying down to Smackdown and I wasn't sure what would become of this once we got back to reality.

Whatever this was.

I realized he had told me he liked me while I hadn't said anything in return, not that he gave me a chance to .

But he could guess that I felt the same.

The same.. What is it that he even felt?

Did the Beast actually feel something?

I didn't know what to say to him. Cause anything I would say would be a lie and I hated it so instead I remained quiet as I stood up and walked to the end of his patio.

I heard my phone going off as it was on the kitchen counter and as I turned I realized Brock was on his way to me.

"Go get it.." He gestured to inside as he walked to where I had been standing before.

"He is probably wondering where you are.."

I sighed and went to join him instead.

I hugged him from behind, "what are you doing Nicole?"

"You're mad..." He turned around causing my chin to rest on his chest as I tilt my head to look up at him.

"I'm not mad.. I'm..." He shook his head and stared ahead.