Chapter 22

Clayton's POV
     It was a burning feeling that started in my chest and crawled up my throat into my mouth. It hit me as soon as she disappeared. I was with the guards because they had captured 12 rogues that were on our property. When I left, Angel was with Kaylee but it wasn't 15 minutes after I got to the prison that I was on my knees trying to bear the unbearable pain that reverberated throughout my whole body. 

     "Alpha! What's wrong?!" Screamed the guard. I couldn't bring myself to answer the pain I felt as so many parts of my body felt as if they were being shocked.

     "It's his mate," said a rogue slowly, slurring his s. 

     "Who has her?!" I yelled as I jumped up against the cell of the rogue who spoke. "Tell me now or I'll  be sure that you experience the worst form of torture that any wolf has ever experienced," I screamed.
      "I would die before I told you," he said slowly and calmly.
     "You will. You will die. All of you!" I shouted as I ran out of the prison. The guards tried to chase after me but even in human form they couldn't keep up. I ran through the pain and tried to turn my heartbreak into anger. I could tell that Angel wasn't doing this on purpose. Someone took her. And I was bound and determined to take her back.

Angel's POV

     When I woke up I was in a different room. It looked like a hotel suite and had a huge round bed with silk sheets and huge windows with silk curtains. The entire room was huge and it was done in gold and royal purple. Then hit me. I was kidnapped by Ryan and taken to be his queen. As soon as my brain comprehended what happened I ran across the room to the bathroom and threw up. Then I looked in the mirror to find that I was wearing a dress. Someone had drugged me, brought me here, and changed my clothes into this. The dress was short and tight, but not uncomfortable, but it was a horrible shade of dark royal purple with a gold belt around the waist, just above my stomach. It was fitted all the way to about my mid or upper thigh and it was strapless, made completely of silk. I also noticed that someone had fixed my hair and applied a fresh layer of makeup on me. I looked like myself except for that my stomach had grown tremendously in size since yesterday. All I could do was look at myself in the mirror with horror as I realized that I had no idea what he had done to me while I was drugged.

     "Don't worry," said a small voice that made me jump. "He didn't dress you. I did," said the voice again as a young lady emerged and stepped through the doorway into the bathroom. She was wearing a maids outfit. A very short maids outfit and it was obvious that whoever ordered me to wear this ordered her to wear that. "Oh, you are by far the prettiest one that he's ever brought here," she said in a quiet and scared voice.
     "Who.. Who are you?" I managed with a stutter.
     "Oh. I'm just a maid. And don't worry he isn't coming back until tonight" she said straightening her dress. Her dress was so short and had thin spaghetti straps, one on each side, but it fit her like a strapless dress and was fitted down to the top of her stomach where it was cropped and then the skirt flowed outward slightly with ruffles and stopped just before mid thigh. "My name is Ava," she said as she looked into my eyes. She looked to be about seventeen. And she was gorgeous, so gorgeous. She could be a model herself with her long tan legs, thick brown hair, and bright golden brown eyes.
     "Ava? Why are you here?" I asked her.
     "It's a long story," she said as she stepped out into the bedroom and I followed.
     "I mean... it seems like I've got a decent amount of time," I said as she sat down in a small wooden chair not far from the bed. My whole body was shaking so I sat down on the bed and listened.
     "Well... I guess I could start off by saying that I had a family. We were rogues, and I had only just turned 14, I'm almost 17 now. The prince had just turned 16 and could officially find his mate or choose his future queen. So, my mother dressed me up in the most beautiful dress that we could afford and she did my hair and makeup and my parents took me all the way to the palace, which is where we are now. Then, when I got there, there were tons of girls there. Dressed in beautiful dresses, just like me, all lined in a huge line of about 100. The Prince then came through the line and directed those of us that he deemed "most beautiful" into the castle. We were taken into a small room where a bunch if people redid our hair and makeup and put us in ball gowns. They said that all 25 of us would get to stay and "work" he was just trying to decide if he wanted to take any of us as his bride," she said sadly.
     "So then what happened?" I urged her to go on.
     "Well, he took us all to a ball and he danced with us all individually. Then after the ball they put us all in dresses like yours and did our hair and makeup and locked us all in separate rooms. I sat there for a few hours on the bed. I was so lost and confused. That's when he came in and talked to me like he'd known me forever. The prince, Prince Ryan, he made me feel better like I'd been accepted and like I held importance. After we talked and he was about to leave we hugged and then he asked for a goodnight kiss which I happily granted. However, the kiss didn't end. I thought for sure that I was going to be picked. But, then the next morning when I woke up there was a dress like this with a note telling me to wear it and report to the kitchen first thing in the morning. I did and the people told us that none of us had been selected as his bride but we had all been selected as castle maids that were also used for Prince Ryan's entertainment, that's why we have to wear this," she said wiping a tear from her eye. "But thankfully, since he found you, he hasn't messed with any of us," she said cheering up.
     "Ava," I gestured her over to the bed. "I'm not planning on being here much longer," I whispered in her ear.
     "How are you going to get out?" She asked softly.
     "My mate will save me. I just know it," I whispered in her ear. "Maybe we can get you out too," I told her quietly.
     "Could you?" She whispered in a depressingly hopeful voice. "I've heard the fairytales of beautiful girls like you who find their mate and fall in love and start a family," she paused. "Just like you," she finished with a smile.
     "Ava. He will save us and you can be a part of our family," I said with a smile. I know that I only just met her, but I felt like I owed her something, like I was something like a mother to her. Maybe it was because she'd been played and cheated, even more so than myself. She was so vulnerable and everything that she ever knew was ripped away from her. At this point tears covered her face and the sight of her in so much pain forced a few tears to trickle down my face.

     "No no no!" Ava said frightened. "Your make up, hair, and outfit must be perfect when Prince Ryan gets here!" She said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the large bathroom. Like it was routine, which it probably was. She dried my face with a wash cloth and applied some face powder. "Just to hide the tear stains," she said as she applied it, then some eyeliner "I'm just fixing it a little," then she applied another layer of mascara "Since you cried a little," she said as she finished and turned me towards the mirror. At first glance you would think that I was a princess. But at a closer look you could see the way that I awkwardly shift my weight every couple of seconds because I knew what's coming, you'd notice the tear stains from today and yesterday from being forced into situations that my body tried to fight physically and emotionally but couldn't, you'd notice how shaky I am. I knew deep in my heart that Clayton would be here soon, somehow I could feel it. I just didn't know how long it would be before he was here to make everything better and it hurt me to think about the hours ahead of me.

     Finally I walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed. I tried really hard to just sit and focus on communicating with Clayton through the mind link. I shouted his name in my as loud as I could in my head but it felt like shouting into an empty cave. I tried Amber; I yelled her name until the echo hurt my head and finally I fell onto my back in frustration. 

     "Are you okay, Angel?" Ava asked me.

     "No," I replied without thinking.

     "Can I do anything to help?" she asked.

     "Why won't the mind links work here?" I asked her, not answering her question directly, but giving her something to help me with.

     "Oh! Uhm, I'm not positive, but I overheard some rogue soldiers talking about it once and the way that I understand it, the palace has like a huge circle around it. Not literally but think about it that way. So no one outside of the circle can communicate with anyone inside the circle and vice versa. However, for like 100 miles outside the circle there are no links at all until you are over 100 miles away from the circle or you are inside the circle," she explained. It sounded confusing as she said it but I could understand.

     "So Ava, Clay would have to be inside the circle for me to talk to him?"

     "Exactly. Is this Clayton smart?" she asked. It was clear that my faith in him was giving her hope.

     "Ava, he may be the smartest man I've ever met. Especially when it comes to stuff like this," I said.
     "I hope so. Not everyone can live through what he's about to go through," she said looking down.
     "He's the alpha of the Dark Moon Pack," I simply stated.
      "Oh my goodness! Why did you never say that? Wait, are you... are you the luna?" she asked getting excited.
     "Yes, Ava," I said with a smile. "Future alpha right here," I said pointing at my stomach. I thought she was going to start jumping up and down but instead she got herself collected and whispered to me.
     "We are going to get out of here," she said quietly
     "I know," was all that I could reply with. And I did know that, I just hoped with everything inside of me that it would be soon. I had to admit that I was scared, scared for Clay and all of the pack, but I was scared for what was going to happen to me when Ryan came back as well. He had ruined the lives of so many girls and destroyed so many families. I couldn't let that happen to my family. I did not want the The Dark Moon Pack to end up like the Blood Rose Pack because of me.