Chapter 21

Angels POV
     As soon as my eyes opened, the first thing that I thought of was Clayton. He had been so supportive through everything the past few days. It was amazing how quickly things had changed and how easily the pack had accepted the changes. Amber was beyond overjoyed when we shared the news with her. I mean, it was quite obvious that I was pregnant, you could tell with only one glance at me now, but just the excitement of the announcement had her crying tears of joy. 

     I turned towards Clay and lifted myself over him to kiss his lips and I watched as his eyes opened in response as he smiled on my lips.

     "Good morning, gorgeous," he said when I pulled away. "And good morning little ones," he said as he slid his body down the bed and kissed my stomach. My stomach was quite large now. A few weeks had passed and I knew that I could be expecting the rest of our family soon. "Happy birthday, my Angel," he said reminding me that today was indeed my birthday. "Are you ready for today?" he asked me as he ran his hands up and down my hips.

     "I don't know, am I, Clay?" I asked a I rubbed my hand over his shirtless chest.

     "I think you'll enjoy yourself. At least once you get past the fact that it's a party," he said with a smile.

     "Heavenly," I said, focused on his abs that I was tracing my fingers along.

     "I know how you like to party," he said looking into my eyes with a smile.

      "Oh, I wasn't talking about the party," I said as I pushed myself up with my hands on his chest. I kissed him on the lips and he gleefully returned my kiss. Then he glided his lips down my neck until he reached my mark which he traced with his tongue three times and I smiled at him before the words, "I love you," escaped my lips.

"Oh, my Angel, I love you too."

Amber's POV 

     I laid in my bed and waited as I heard Lucas get out of the shower. It wasn't long before he was standing in front of me with a towel wrapped around his waist and his perfectly toned 6 pack exposed, leaving me completely breathless. I sat up and rested my head in my hands.

     "Are you taking a shower, gorgeous?" he asked me.

     "I don't know. I have a pretty amazing view right now," I said with an awestruck look on my face. 

     "I'll still be here when you get back." he said coming closer and kissing my lips.

     "Promise you won't leave me?" I asked holding out my pinky finger.

    "Amber, I will never leave you," he said as he wrapped his pinky around mine and his blue gray eyes looked into mine. I rose from the bed while we kissed and put my hands in his bare waist and spun us around.

     "I'm going, I'm going," I said grabbing my clothes and towel.

     "Alright. I'll try my hardest not to join you," he called after me.

     "Have fun with that," I said as I put an extra sway in my hips knowing he was watching. A small growl came from his direction and I turned and smiled before stepping into the bathroom.

     While I was in the shower I was thinking about how today is Angel's 25th birthday. I knew that should probably call her before her big party tonight. She wasn't supposed to know about the party until she got there, but I know that Clayton told her. I could just tell that they had a relationship that allowed me to be certain there were no secrets. Their relationship was strong and I was glad that it was, not only because Angel was my sister, but also because they were my alpha and luna. I loved the idea that they were starting their future together and I was happy for them. But there was also a huge part of me that was glad that Lucas was the beta rather than the alpha. There are so many expectations that Clayton had to uphold as the alpha and I knew that he and Angel didn't see it that way, but it would be a lot of stress for me. With Lucas and I, the whole idea of spending our lives together was different. I mean, we both knew that we were destined for each other and that we would get married and have a family one day but we were definitely in no rush. For now we both just wanted to spend time enjoying each other. It seemed strange that we were taking our time when that was not the typical path of mates, but we had time and no one to tell us that we needed to hurry anything, so why not spend days together like we had been?