Chapter 15

Clayton's POV 

     As Angel moved to the music I watched her body. I thought about the ring on her finger and how we were going to have a family one day. She was finally finished with college and was at the perfect stage in her life to begin this next chapter. And I was at a perfect place in my leadership within the pack to begin life with my luna and start leading with her at my side. I thought of how difficult it was going to be, in the beginning at least before everyone was used to us. Most of my pack would understand our relationship, but on nights like tonight when we were with other people, they might try to approach either of us and we had to learn how to handle that, it should be easy though and we had forever to figure it out. Then I thought of the rogues. They had originally tried to take Angel's mother as their queen and now they want Angel. I wouldn't let them touch her at all. Recently my policy has been if a rogue steps on our territory, part of the government or not, they are to be killed immediately. No wolf that doesn't belong to a pack can be trusted. Also, Angel and Amber are never to be left alone. We can't risk anything. 

     "Let's go get a drink," Angel said with a smile. She approached the bar and ordered a cherry coke and rum. I looked at her and smiled. Daniel walked to us and sat in the bar stool beside where we were standing and smiled at Angel. I didn't like it and my wolf growled to me. I took a seat in the stool beside of Daniel, leaving Angel in between us. 

     "Cherry coke?" Daniel asked her. 

     "My favorite," she responded. 

     "I know," he said laughing and touching her hand gently. My wolf didn't like the fact that he was touching her, but I tried not to show it. Angel, however, sensed the way I felt and she sat on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist a little too possessively. She laughed at me and I smiled, happy to have her attention. 

      'I love you, babe,' she said through the mind link. 

      'Love you too,' I thought back.  

    'He's just a friend. A really old friend, we used to be very close but we honestly aren't anymore,' she assured me.  

     'I know. I just can't help feeling a little angered and annoyed by the relationship that you guys have,' I said as I looked into her eyes.  

     'My love, we don't have a relationship. He's like a brother, and not even that close anymore. I promise. You have to trust me,' she said, setting down her drink and resting her head on my shoulder.  

     'I do, I do. How could I not? I just love you so much and I just wish that every guy that knows you wasn't so attracted to you. I don't want to share,'  I said, kissing her forehead.  

'I love you, too. Clay, I love you so much. You never have to share, there's no one else. Only you,' she said, making me feel a little better.  

     "I feel like I'm being left out your conversation here, guys," Daniel said, ruining our moment. 

     'Because you are,' I said through the mind link to keep myself from saying it out loud. 

     "Sorry, Daniel," Angel said with a laugh. 

     'Thank you for not saying that out loud,' Angel said. 

     'Mhm.' I replied. I think that I would be able to tolerate this guy if he didn't try to be so "buddy-buddy" with my mate. 

     "It's okay," he said, laughing with her. She kept her arms wrapped around my neck while she spoke and I could tell he didn't like it.