Chapter 20

Clayton's POV

      As we pulled into my parents driveway I jumped out of the car and ran to open the door for my beautiful mate.

     "Thanks, love," she said with a smile as I took her hand.

     "Anything for the most beautiful girl in the world," I replied as we stepped onto the brick sidewalk of the house where some of the smartest, most important members of the pack lived; the house owned by my parents. 

     "Oh who would that be?" She asked in a cute voice.

     "That would be my one and only, the alpha's luna," I said as I turned her body to face me and pulled her as close to me as our five pups would allow me to and I kissed her right in front of the overwhelmingly large window that took up the entire wall of the main living room in the house. I didn't care and I could tell that she didn't either. The older pack members knew all about the connection between mates.  I dropped to my knees and kissed her stomach five times, one for each pup. She was looking at me with a huge smile on her face and I thought to myself that this would make an amazing picture with the scenery of the garden and the house behind us. Then, as I returned to my feet I decided that very thought was definitely something Angel would think of. I smiled at that thought and she looked into my eyes lovingly. Then, I took her hand and we continued walking up the sidewalk until the large door was opened from the inside and we were greeted by my mother and her seven corgi dogs. She ran to hug Angel, and then me. I watched her smile as tears of joy started to fall from her eyes, she knew my news now. We entered the house and I saw my entire family in the room in front of me. My mom, my dad, Chase, Caden, and even Caleb in the corner. When I noticed Caleb, leaning against the wall in the far corner of the room, our eyes locked and he shot me a glare that told me he hadn't changed a bit. Then I saw his eyes move to Angel and my arm moved protectively around her waist. However it encouraged him to continue, knowing that it bothered me and his eyes moved from her shoes to the top of her head and he scanned her body. I looked away and ignored him, my parents wouldn't appreciate us fighting here. 

     "Mother, we have some news to share with you," I said. 

     "I can see that!" My mother replied hugging Angel again. Chase and Caden stood from their chairs, along with my father and all of them congratulated us repeatedly.

    "Well, Angel, I see that you've finally settled down," Chase said to Angel with a joking smile. He was a good friend of an ex boyfriend of Amber's and he knew Angel in what she described as the darkest season of her life.

     "And I see you still haven't," she said with a smile as well, earning a laugh from my family.

      "Actually, I'm in a serious relationship right now," Chase said with a crooked smile.

     "Right. Does that mean that it's lasted more than a week or is that pushing it?" She said jokingly.

     "Please. A week is so two days ago," he said. Then everyone started laughing again. "Congratulations, kid," he said hugging her.

     "Thanks," she said hugging him back.

     "Congratulations, Clayton," Caden said taking my hand and pulling me into a half hug. "I'm happy for you, man," he added.

"Thanks, Caden," I replied as Angel pulled away from her hug with Chase, laughing. I wrapped my arm around her waist and she smiled. 

     I knew that it would be hard on my brothers to have even more males in front of them to become alpha, but they seemed happier than I could've ever imagined. Right now, if something were to happen to me, Caleb would be next in line to become Alpha but, of course, my father would never let that happen and Caden would take my place. But once my first son was born, they would lose all chances of ever becoming alpha. If something were to happen to me then Lucas, my beta would take over until my oldest son came of age and then my second and third son would be next in line.

     "So have you discussed names for my grandchildren yet!?" My mother asked.

     "Not yet. But we wanted to talk to you guys about it," Angel replied. "We're having two girls and three boys," she added.