Chapter 12

Clayton's POV

     'Where's Amber?' I asked Angel through the mind link. She was currently standing beside of me, but both of us were speaking with different people. 'I need to introduce her to the rest of our pack,' I added happily emphasizing the our in "our pack".

     'I have no idea where she is,' she said turning her head in my direction and flashing a quick, gorgeous smile.

     'Okay, babe. I'll believe you since you look so incredibly beautiful tonight,' I said in a charming voice. This time she turned her head and laughed quietly at me. When we were looking into each other's eyes, we were the only two people in the room.

     "Angel?" asked Alexis, the girl that Angel was currently having a conversation with.

     "Yes? Lexi, I'm sorry, what was that?" Angel asked taking Alexis' hand and returning to her conversation.

     "Would you excuse me for a moment?" I asked Jane and Marcus. They were talking to me about a fighting clan that their son was in.

     "Of course, Alpha Clayton," Jane said politely. She and Marcus were mates, both in their 30's.

     "Thank you," I said returning their politeness. "I will be right back, Angel," I said kissing her cheek. She smiled but through the mind link she questioned me.

     'Where are you going?'

     'Lucas is no where to be seen either. I have a feeling that your sister found her mate,' I said.

     'Really?' she asked with a surprised tone.

     'Well, she would mate with a high ranking wolf, considering you are both alpha's daughters and your mate is an alpha,' I said.

     'Makes sense to me,' she said, happily.

     How does she do this to me? It's like I'm under a spell.

     I walked around the corner to see Lucas kissing Amber, passionately. It reminded me of my first kiss with Angel. Our first kiss was the most powerful because it was a symbol that we had decided to be together. It was driven by so much need, yet so much love. It was obvious that Lucas and Amber felt the same way.

     'Lucas, there's plenty of time for that after we introduce her to the pack,'  I said through the alpha/beta mind link. Immediately, he pulled away.

     "It's time for you to meet the pack, Amber," I said nonchalantly.

     "Okay," she said, taking Lucas' hand.

     "Do you want to announce it tonight?" I asked them. "Its probably best that we show the pack that you are mates another time so that they don't think that you are only joining our pack because you are Lucas' mate," I told Amber.

     "I guess you're right," Amber said looking at me. "They should know that I joined and then found Lucas," she said looking into Lucas' eyes with a meager smile of her face.

     "Yeah. Explain the rogue situation tonight," Lucas said to me, but his face and thoughts were turned towards Amber.

     "Alright," I said waiting for their attention. "Well, this is awkward," I said jokingly.

     "What?" Amber asked turning to face me. She hadn't even heard what I said and had no idea that I was waiting on them to return to the pack.

     "Oh my, just get out there," I said pushing her around the first corner as I laughed. "Stay apart. Try to control yourselves," I said walking out with them.