Chapter 19

Angel's POV

     When I opened my eyes and looked down, the first thing that I noticed was the bump that had appeared in the blanket overnight from my stomach. I shifted slightly, Clayton's arm was wrapped around my neck and his beautiful brown eyes looked right at me when I moved.

     "Good morning, my love," he said happily as he turned on his side to move closer to me.

     "Clay, what do you want to name them?" I asked as I rested my head on his shoulder and he put his hand on my stomach.

     "Honestly, I haven't thought about it," he replied. "When we see the pack doctor today he should be able to tell us the genders," he told me.

     "Okay," I said as stroked his cheek with my finger tips. I felt his skin tingle under my touch and I smiled because I know that in 15 years when we are laying in this bed and I stroke his cheek, I will still feel his skin tingle under my touch.

     "I love your smile," he said as he put his hand on mine and I felt my skin do the same thing.

     "I love you," I said as I smiled even bigger.

     "I love you more," he replied

     "Are you sure about that?" I asked him.

     "Completely positive," he said confidently.

     "Do you know how much I love you?" I inquired.

     "Do you know how much I love you?" He returned.

     "I'll tell you what," I said placing my finger on his chin.

     "What?"

     "Let's call it a tie," I proposed.

     "No way. I love you way too much for a tie," he said seriously, and let me tell you, I fell in love with him all over again right there. I leaned in and kissed him."And Daddy loves you guys too," he said bending down to kiss my stomach.

     "You're going to be a great father, Clay," I said aloud as we both sat up in the bed.

     "Angel, you're going to be a great mother," he said. I kissed him again. This time it was a longer kiss and his tongue danced with mine and my hands played with his dark hair. He was so perfect. My attraction to him hadn't faded at all. In fact, I think I was growing more attracted to him by the day. It was harder and harder to stay away from him the longer we were together.

     "So, someone special has a very special birthday coming up in a couple of weeks," he said as we pulled away.

     "Oh yeah, I forgot," I said truthfully with a laugh.

     "I'm not trying to ruin any surprises, but the pack is planning a party for you, my love," he whispered in my ear.

     "Oh my gosh," I whispered back. "The whole pack?"

     "Yes, beautiful. The entire pack wants to celebrate your birthday," he said. I laughed in response. It seemed like I was going to have a series of eventful days in my future. "Well, my Angel. We better get ready for today," he said, pulling me back into the present.

     "Alright. What are we doing first?"

     "Pack doctor, then my parent's house. Then the pack house. Then, I thought we could head over to your house to tell Amber and Lucas," he said.

     "Sounds good to me," I said happily as I jumped out of bed and walked to my closet. I decided on a pair of jeans and a white shirt with ruffles down the front. I went to the bathroom to curl my hair and apply some makeup when I heard Clayton on the phone. I assumed that he was talking to his parents or his brothers about us coming over. I had met Clay's parents already and spent time with them several times. However, I only knew one of Clayton's four brothers, Chase, and it turned out that he was friends with an old boyfriend of Amber's. Chase is a great guy but he is drenched in confidence. Like all of the Thompson boys, he was handsome and, unlike Clay, he seemed to let it get to his head. He was very fun to hang out with and he was great with the pack, but he wasn't nearly as respected as Clayton, although I suppose no one really was.