Chapter 10

Angel's POV

     As I sat on my bed, all that I could think about was Clay. He was an amazing boyfriend and an amazing alpha. His pack was so nice and welcoming. I wish that he was here with me tonight, but he knew I needed to study and he said that he had to talk to his father about some rouges. His father seemed like he was very knowledgeable and had a lot of experience being the past alpha. I knew that the pack was strong and Clayton ran it well, I just hoped that everything was alright and my mate wasn't in any danger. 

     Then he texted me, I wish I was with you right now.

     So I responded with the truth because I felt the same way about the separation. I wish that you were with me right now too, handsome. Is everything going okay?

     I was worried about him, but I knew that he could handle it. Stupid rouges. They should've come last month instead. He responded.

     I missed him dearly. I responded with, You should come over after your done with the, all so official ,"pack business"

     Anything to please my mate. He said.

     "Angel? You home?" I heard my sister yell from down the steps. 

     "Amber!" I squealed with excitement. Amber was almost never home, but when she was, we would talk for hours and have a ton of fun doing the craziest things. I descended the steps and hugged her happily. She hugged me back and I grabbed some of her bags and carried them upstairs. She mostly stayed on campus at her college with her boyfriend, Jason, but her room and closet went untouched without her presence. 

     After she got settled we sat on my bed to talk for a while. I told her about Clayton and how we met. Amber, being only 3 1/2 years older than me, was overjoyed at the fact that I had found my mate. We also talked about what she was going to do if she ever found her mate. She had been dating Jason for 4 years and he was bound to propose any day now. But he wasn't her mate. He was only a human and didn't even know that she was a werewolf. 

     "I suppose, IF I found my mate, I would have to break things off with Jason," She told me in a serious, slightly depressed tone. 

    "Really? That would be hard, considering the fact that you've been together for so long," I replied, speaking my mind. 

     "Yeah, but think about it? If it was my mate, I would be so in love with him that I wouldn't be able to stay with Jason." 

     "That's true. I would choose Clayton over anyone. I really don't think the stipulations of the situation would even matter," I said seriously. She laughed. "I'm serious. I didn't even know I could love someone and I think I love him," I told her, trying to show my seriousness. 

     "Well, if its Alpha Clayton Thompson, I believe you. He's an extremely powerful alpha, like, second in the world or something right?" I nodded. "Then, the feelings are going to be more intense," she told me. "Plus... he's really hot," she added.

     "I've noticed," I said with a laugh. "By the way," I began. "He's coming over tonight, so you'll get to meet him," I told her happily. 

     "Will he be here in the next hour?" she asked me casually. 

     "Probably. Why?" I asked in response.

     "I am staying the night at Trish's. I felt kind of bad at first, not staying here with you, but now I'm glad that she invited me," she said with a smile. "I get to catch up with my best friend, and you get the house for you and Clayton," she said with a smile as she poked my stomach playfully. I laughed, slightly relieved that she wasn't going to be here, but glad that she would meet him.