Chapter 13

Angel's POV

    Clayton opened the door of his car as I stepped in. Trish jumped into the back happily. When Clay got in and started the car he took my hand to maintain physical contact. My mind faded to all of the things that were going on around me. I never dreamed that I would be involved with another pack in my life and now I was the luna of the strongest pack in the nation. I never imagined that I would be with someone that I actually could picture, and wanted to picture, a future with. No man had ever treated me the way that Clayton had in the short time that I had known him and now my sister and I were both in good relationships with our mates who were truly wonderful guys. It almost seemed like we were finally being repaid for all of the horrible things that we had experienced. It didn't make sense to me why I was being blessed with Clay after years of being incapable of relationships and using boys to drown out all of my problems. And Clayton made it easier to deal with my problems from the past. When I was with him it was almost as if the things that I had been through were able to be defeated. I didn't feel like a damaged person just trying to keep from being the victim anymore. When I was with him it was so different.

     I hoped that Amber would feel the same way as well. I couldn't even feel bad about her situation with Jason anymore because I was just so happy that she was going to be able to experience the connection that I have with Clay with someone else. She may have loved Jason, but it was nothing like this. She was about to experience real and pure love for the first time since our parents passed away. Most days I didn't even think that Amber knew what it was like for someone to just love you for no reason. She spent all of her life thinking that she could earn the love of our parents, earn the love of her friends, and earn the love and commitment that was necessary to have a relationship. I saw her do it with Jason all the time. She would buy him things, or stay over more often, or lie about our past to look like she wasn't broken, all so he would love her. But now she would see that she didn't have to do any of that with her mate and I was so incredibly happy for her.

     'You excited for tonight?' Clay asked me through the mind link.

     'Yes! I've never been to your house before,' I told him.

     'Well, I think that you'll like it.' He said calmly.

     'Clay?' I asked after a moment of silence.

     'Yes, Beautiful?' He replied, instantly calming me.

     'I'm kind of scared, for your pack,' I admitted truthfully.

     'Baby, don't be,' he said, rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb. 'We can take a lot more than you think. You haven't even seen our fighting clans yet, babe. Trust me. There is no reason to be scared.' He said, reassuringly.

     'I trust you, Clay,' I said.

     'Good, because I will never let anything happen to you,' He said, squeezing my hand even tighter than before. 'And I have a surprise for you when we get to my house.'

     'What is it?' I asked as I turned to look at him and my face lit up.

     'You will have to wait and see, my Angel,' he told me. It made my heart flutter whenever he called me that. Sometimes I felt like he was calling me his and sometimes I feel like he was saying that I am his angel from heaven. I couldn't decide which he was referring to, but either way, the feeling I got when he said that was the perfect definition of being in love.

    "You guys are seriously the perfect couple," Trish said from the back seat. She had caught us in one of our moments where we don't have to say the words, 'I love you,' because our eyes show it all.