Chapter 11

Angel's POV

     I couldn't believe that they were after us again. We finally got to where we could feel safe again and we finally started to get over the loss of our entire pack, when this happens. It was hard enough the first time that the rogues attacked and now they were after us again. I swear, I can't go through it again. I was getting closer to The Dark Moon Pack and I was just starting to make friends there, I can't let any of them die because of me. Or worse, if anything happened to Clay because of this, I couldn't live with myself. 

     'Clay, if anyone gets hurt because of this,' I said through the alpha and luna mind link.

     'No one will. Our pack is huge, baby.' He responded confidently.

     'What happens if the the leader of the rouges gets involved?' I asked him.

     'It doesn't matter. No one will touch you,' he thought, taking my hand.

     'I don't care about me. I care about you,' I thought as a tear fell down my face.

     'Well you should care about yourself. If anything happened to you, I wouldn't be able to survive.'

     A part of me feels like Amber and I should just run away. Run away from all of it and never look back. But, that same part of me immediately scolds itself for such a horrific thought. I just don't think I can handle the pain of loosing so many people I love again. I remember it all too well. It seems like only days ago, I could barely comprehend that 6 years had passed. I was only 17 when my entire family and everyone I love was taken away from me.

*****FLASHBACK*****

     As I sat on my bed flipping through a magazine, I thought of James. James was only a year older than me and my first real boyfriend. Being with him felt real and I had never felt like I was in a real relationship before him. He took me to the Valentine's Day dance, where he kissed me. That year, after our first kiss, we shared many kisses and he is the only boy that has ever left me thinking about him even when I wasn't with him. So, we told each other that we wanted to start over and became a couple again. But, it hasn't been a week yet and we are already farther along that we were the first time. Now, when he kisses me, it's more intense and more serious like he hungers to feel my lips on his. Now, he wraps his arms around my waist when he kisses me, pulling me into him in a different way than anything we had felt before. I enjoyed being with him and he was also my best friend.

     I was glad I hadn't found a mate. I enjoyed being a werewolf born child. I get to be a wolf all of my life and being young and never really leaving the pack, I don't have to worry about a mate like Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad are always trying to "protect" us from crazy wolves like my mom's ex boyfriend. She says, we will never understand the longing that mates feel for each other until we feel if for ourselves.

     My phone buzzed and I looked down to happily read James' name. Come outside.

     I didn't know why he would be outside my house. When I opened my door, I saw him waiting under the large willow tree in me front yard. It was a beautiful summer day with a gentle breeze and the slightest bit of moisture in the air. I walked to him even though I was only wearing running shorts and a sports bra because I was just about to take my normal 3 mile jog. His eyes widened when he saw me, but I knew he was too mature to think much of my attire. 

     "Come here, Angel," he said as I walked closer to him. I knew that he was going to kiss me for a while when he said that. James is a very nice guy to be around, but he didn't let moments just... happen. He forced them. He didn't always consider what I wanted and it left me confused at times. 

     As I predicted, he put both of his hand on the lower part of my back and felt my bare skin. He looked at me with a smile and I rolled my eyes. Then, all of a sudden, he crashed his lips onto mine and wasted no time making me feel a little uncomfortable. At first I responded to the kiss, like I would a normal kiss. But after a while, when he didn't stop, I just gave up. He took a breath and I assumed he was done, but he left his hands on my lower back, and did something no one had ever done to me before. He began kissing my neck. At first, I was shocked and I gasped. But he heard my gasp as a moan of pleasure and he continued. I was shocked to the point that I had no reaction. He ran his hands up and down my back, each time touching the bottom of my sports bra and the top of my shorts. When he was finished kissing my neck, he came back to my lips and kissed them passionately. He licked my bottom lip multiple times before parting my lips with his tongue. As he moved his tongue around my mouth, he continued moving his hands up and down my back, but this time, he ran them along my sides, almost touching my hip each time. Finally, when both of our lungs could no longer take it he pulled away and whispered in my ear, "It's so hard to stop." I laughed at that comment, but didn't say anything because he was still running his hands up and down my sides as he whispered in my ear. "It's true. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I hope when I come of age, I find out that you are my mate," he said as he pulled me even closer to him, if that was possible. "Beautiful, smart, athletic, sweet, loving, and closely related to the alpha. What a prize," he said confidently. I couldn't believe he was saying this, this was not how he usually acted.