Chapter 2

Angel's Perspective

I was considering ditching Ryan. I was definitely getting the feeling that he wanted to take our "relationship" a step further. All that I knew now was that I should have gone out with that kid, Jared that I had never gone out with before. Ryan just wanted something more than what we had. Maybe it's time that we part ways. I could easily ditch him tonight, the house was huge. I could find someone else to dance with and text Ryan later tonight and tell him not to worry about taking me home.

"Ryan, I'm going to go use the restroom, I'll be right back, " I lied smoothly.

"Okay, do you want me to come and wait with you? Then we could just hang out upstairs?" he offered.

"I'm okay. Thanks though. Just wait right here and I will meet you back down here okay?" I said as I walked towards the stairs. However, when I got to the stairs, I went down to the basement and my wolf purred in relief.

There were so many more people in the basement than I could've imagined, along with a DJ, a huge dance floor, and a bar. This felt more like a reception than a college house party. Where did these people come from? Immediately, I spotted the guy that I was going to dance with. He was tall with short, dark, brown hair that framed his face perfectly. His sparkling blue eyes were beautiful. He had that look that told me he didn't have any trouble trying to find a beautiful girl to dance with. As I started walking towards him, a desperate blonde in a short green dress approached him. My wolf growled within me and I couldn't understand why but it was definitely a growl. I didn't worry about it yet, I just watched the blonde. She was giggling and flirting and trying to catch his interest, or at least get his attention. She flipped her big bouncy curls and put her hand on his chest. Why was I so jealous? Why couldn't I walk away and look for another guy? Instead, I watched as she tried and failed to catch his eye. Eventually she walked away. When she walked away the guy was facing directly towards me. He saw me and our eyes locked. I was so lost in the moment and the only thing that I could tell was that my wolf was screaming to me, "your mate."

I couldn't go to him. I wanted to, my wolf desperately needed him, but I couldn't move. It was like my legs were in as much shock as my mind was. Thankfully, he came to me.

"What is your name? " he asked in a charming, yet demanding way.

"Angel Johnson, what's yours? " I asked.

"Clayton Thompson. Angel, you're mine." He said.

"Well you're my mate," was all that I could say.

"I'm glad that you know that. That saves me from doing a lot of explaining, " he said with a smile. His smile was beautiful. Just like the rest of him.

"Do you want to go for a run?" He asked. "I think that might be what's best for us right now." He was referring to letting our wolves meet and mine was overjoyed about it.

Without even thinking about it, my wolf replied for me, "Yes."

We headed outside and started for the woods. As soon as we were surrounded by trees, our instincts took over and we ran together as wolves.

Clayton's Wolf's Perspective

I can sense that my mate is here. I don't know where, but she's here. If I don't find her soon, I will send every wolf in my pack looking for her in this building because the alpha needs his mate. The girl talking to me is not my mate, but she is in my pack and her name is Jamie. I don't know why she thinks that she can talk to me just because her mate rejected her. Honestly, I don't blame the guy, she's begging for attention with her outfit, the way she talks, all of it. She might as well write "ANY GUY WILL DO" on her forehead.