Chapter 6

Clayton's POV

     As I drove Angel down the road all that I could think about was if there was possession in her kiss at her school. There were so many people there and I felt so out of place in a public place with that many humans and others who had no idea who I was. It's like she could feel the girls staring at me before she walked out of the building, or she sensed the discomfort my wolf felt seeing other men look at her in the short walk to my car. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the kiss. I'm just surprised that a few hours apart did that to the both of us. It was clear that our bond was stronger than I had previously thought.

     She was going to like this date, I just knew it. I could tell by the way she didn't stop me from holding her hand while we drove so that would could remain touching. She was starting to accept the fact that neither one of us are able to resist each other. I'm just glad that she isn't fighting it anymore.

     "Clay, where are we going?" she asked me in a cute, innocent voice as she rubbed small circles on my hand with her soft fingertip.

     "It's a surprise, sweetheart," I replied, trying hard not to give in to my irresistible mate. I don't know why but she really drove me crazy when she talked in an innocent 'Clay...' voice. She had called me that a couple of times now and, to me, it made her so tempting, even more than she was before. But in all honesty, everything about my mate was tempting. I wanted her to be my luna more than anything and the concept of the process and how long it took to get there felt impossible to me.

    "Well, why do you keep driving deeper into the woods? Are you trying to get your fancy new car dirty?" she asked me, again in her innocent voice.

    "You like the car then, huh?" I asked jokingly. She only nodded and smiled in response. I could tell she was just curious and anxious to be together. "You'll see, my Angel. Just be patient," I said with a chuckle.

     "I'm not good with waiting," she said as she put her other hand on my arm and turned to face me. And just when I thought her innocent voice was one of the most tempting things about her, I realized there was another voice that felt seductive to me and I was proven desperately wrong. I smiled brightly at her and slouched lower into my seat, taking in the feelings of attraction and passion between us. I wanted her more than ever and she was letting me feel that way, soliciting it actually.

     "I will try to keep that in mind," I responded as I let my mind focus on the idea of laying beside her in the grass looking up at the sky daydreaming about our future.

Angel's POV

     I knew that mates were extremely attracted to each other, but I never knew that it would be quite like this. He had me practically begging for his touch. The mystery that came with me having no idea where we were going just made me want to know more. I'm sure that the setting of our date wouldn't matter as long as long as I was with Clayton. His presence completed me and I had never been so at peace with Stella before. For once it was like we were one being, rather than conflicted thoughts and desires. It was my first time experiencing that with Stella since I was young.

     But, as if it was happening to keep me checked into reality, my phone kept buzzing with texts from Ryan. I was sure to keep my phone on silent to ensure that Clay wouldn't think I was having a conversation with him, but he was being very persistent in asking me out again, which was certainly never happening. The thought especially disgusted me now that I had Clayton at my side. He was so different from Ryan, or any guy that had pursued me actually. Clayton and Ryan wasn't even a decision in my mind, they would never be a competition. First of all, Clayton was one hundred times more attractive than Ryan. I had never seen anyone as attractive as my mate, let alone someone who set my skin on fire like this. Ryan was nothing in comparison. He mostly only wanted to go out with me for the image anyways, or the "good story" the next morning. But I started to believe that maybe I didn't have to be that to anyone anymore, ever again. I decided to stop reading his slew of desperate messages, I turned off notifications for his contact to keep from seeing all of the messages. You're so beautiful, Angel. You really are. I feel awful about the other night. and I don't deserve you; you're so far out of my league. But I think I could change your mind if you would just come and see me tonight. I was thoroughly disgusted by his attempts and I was actually starting to see it as degrading.