Chapter 9

Angel's POV

     As I sat in Calculus class I was staring at the clock, counting down the seconds until I got to see my mate. All I could think about was dinner at The Dark Moon Pack house. I know that Clayton didn't live in the pack house, but he was still Alpha and I guess I would become the future luna. It almost didn't seem right, there was no way that I could become a luna, especially not of a pack like that. All of my life I had built up the idea that pack government and alphas were all corrupt, but I never imagined that the most caring person I had ever met would be an alpha. It was true. I would become the luna of the most powerful pack in the nation. Clayton had been assuring me all day that the pack would love me. I told him that I was nervous and he said that I was their future luna and that alone would be enough for them to adore me. Clay was definitely easing my nerves, but I still couldn't imagine myself being in any sort of pack government.

     Finally, I was released from class. I jumped out of my seat and walked briskly to the door where I typically met Kaylee. I told her where I was heading and she gave me a tight hug and wished me luck before I walked out to the parking lot to find my mate leaning up against his dark car. He had changed his clothes since this morning and now wore jeans with a dark green shirt that almost matched my green cardigan.

     When I approached him, he hugged me tightly and whispered in my ear, "How did I get lucky enough to have such a beautiful girl as my mate?" Instead of responding I kissed his lips. He took my hand and led me to the passenger side of his car. As I waited for him to get in, I waved at Kaylee, who was leaving with Josh. She blew me a kiss. I laughed at her and Josh waved at me. I waved at him too and laughed as they walked away.

     "How was school, beautiful?" Clay asked me.

     "Well," I started, "I don't really know. I wasn't paying much attention. Finals are this week so if I haven't learned the material yet, I doubt I'm going to," I replied truthfully. He laughed and put his hand in mine. His touch sent sparks shooting in my arm. I shook my body exaggerating the tingles that I got when he touched my arm.

     "I know, my little mate. You'll get used to it," he said chuckling.

     "I love it so much though," I whispered.

     "Me too, baby," he said as he started the car.

     With Clayton's driving we were at the pack house in less than 15 minutes. When we pulled into the drive way I noted that it wasn't really a drive way, but more like a parking lot with at least 50 different cars in it. And the pack house was much larger than I expected. It was 7 stories high and I had no doubt that it contained over 60 rooms.

     "Wow. It's ridiculously huge," I said chuckling while marveling at it's beauty.

     "Yeah," he said casually, "Mostly younger wolves live in this one." he explained.

     "There's another one?" I asked.

     "There's two more," he told me. "One is smaller and all of the older wolves live there, elders, past alphas, betas, and anyone that knows ancient pack secrets and used to hold a high pack rank," he explained. "The other one is just like this one, except that anyone that I appointed to a pack position lives here or in their own home close to it."

     "That's amazing, but also terrifying," I told him.

     "Yeah, I guess. But, you'll get used to it," he said with a smile. "I plan on introducing you to the entire pack before you become their luna," he said with a smile as he opened my door and led me into the pack house. The door opened into a living room where many people were sitting on couches and chairs, watching tv, and talking.

     As soon as Clayton opened the door and allowed me to enter first, I felt the eyes of every person in the room on me.

Clayton's POV

     I had to admit, I was nervous to introduce Angel to my pack, but not for the same reasons as her. I knew that my pack would love her, but that's what I was mostly afraid of. Angel is my mate, but we weren't fully mated yet, so the male wolves in my pack that haven't found their mate are going to feel a special attraction to her because she is their Alpha's mate. The higher they are ranked and the closer that they are to me, in power, is going to determine exactly how attracted they are to her. I am going to have to be especially careful around my beta, Lucas. He hasn't found his mate yet and the beta is the closest to the alpha, so he would feel an extremely strong physical pull to her. Let's just hope that he would be able to control his wolf because, if not, things might get a little messy and I really did not want that to be her first impression of our pack.

     I opened the door and Angel stepped into the house. I followed closely behind, wrapping my arm around her waist possessively. Already, every man in the room was staring at her. I knew that she looked flawless and her shorts really amplified her legs, one of my favorites of her features.