Epilogue

Epilogue

Darkness had overcome me and pain burned through my core.

The pain sat inside my core, nestled tightly and waiting patiently to be released while the darkness reigned over my being.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled softly before, like a bull being released from it's wooden prison, the pain released from my core and surged throughout my body, burning my nerve from agonizing nerve.

It felt as if I'd been dipped into a pool of acid while piranhas ate at my flesh, but worse. The pain was unbearable. But it shouldn't be happening.

Peace had once controlled me but now it was pain that dictated my actions.

This shouldn't be happening! I thought and knew it was true. Though I hadn't experienced death before I knew that once your heart stooped beating that the pain should go with it.

But it hadn't. It I could still feel pain. And not the pain of the wooden stake ripping through my flesh, nor was it the pain of fangs digging into my neck, nor was it the pain of a bullet forcing itself through my flesh nor was it even fire burning through me. I would've gladly taken all of them together without a second thought.

No this pain was far worse and undeniably more relentless. It was abstract and unstoppable. It was ripping me apart.

It shouldn't be how death feels. I know it! I yelled and as if to taunt me more, the seering pain accelerated.

I screamed mentally as my body arched forward and fell back into fetal position. I begged the pain to stop but it ignored me, burning though my veins with a merciless rage.

My chest heaved and the pain dampened enough for me to render my body as still as I could, still enough to think.

I remembered falling then seeing Cap. I remember the wood stabbing through my back and tearing through me, missing my heart by inches. I remember Bonnie's face, so full of pain.

Oh, Bonnie. My best friend. My partner in crime. She'd always been there from me even when I acted like such a bitch towards her those first few weeks after Cap's arrival. She'd want me alive. That was the least I could do for someone who'd been my pillar of strength for so long.

Then there was parents. My imperfect parents. How would they feel if they found there daughter with a wooden post sticking right through her. It would tear them apart. It would rip out their souls. They wanted me alive as well.

And Damian. Oh I hurt Damian so much. He was the one thing I'd change if I had the power to turn back time. I'd broke his heart. And it killed him and turned him into a vampire. He was there for me always: proof, he gave me a chance when I betrayed him to his core, he wanted to save me even through the mind-controlling ways of Aradicus. He'd wanted one thing for my freedom, though. He wanted me to survive.

Then, finally, there was Capriano. My love. My dark knight. My beautiful disaster. My forever and always. He'd gone through so much. He'd seen me dead so many times. He broke my heart as a last attempt to try and save it. And now that I'd died I was sure he wouldn't be able to live anymore. We were one. You kill me and you rip his heart away. He wanted me alive. I owed him my survival.

Heat surrounded me. First the heat was welcoming, and I reached closer to it. But then the heat increased and became uncomfortable. Then painful. Then unbearable.

A scream escaped me and my chest thrust forward as the pain engulfed my being.

Then my eyes shot open to a room, encasing me in fire. With all my might I found it in me to stand, and the fire on the one end increased while the other died out entirely.

Two doors surfaced on each end, one surrounded by a peaceful darkness while the other was engulfed by flames. My heart thud. I knew I had to make a choice: life or death.

Images of Bonnie, my parents, Meghan and Damian filled my thoughts and drew a smile onto my mouth. Tempting, but not enough to let me walk through the agonizing wall of fire.

Then an image of Cap and I surfaced, so clear it brought a tear to my eye. The image of us together was followed by a group of scenes: the day we met, the night at the amusement park, the night he told me he loved me and took my memory away to spare me from trauma, the first night we spent together, the night our lips met for the first time, the night he told me he loved me, the night he revealed everything to me. And perhaps most startling, the night he saw me die. Again.

Pain, emotional pain, wrapped around me so tightly, it hid the physical pain. How could I not go back? How could I not be with him anymore?

I needed him. I needed his arms. I needed to feel his touch. I needed to hear his voice. I needed to tell him everything was gonna be okay. I needed to be held by him, even just for one more night.

So I inhaled deeply and walked.

As I thought the fire was horrible. No I lie. It was worse. It seared through my entire being and singed my nerves one by one, inch by inch, killing off my human cells.

I stopped and fell to the floor, crying out in pain. It was too much. I couldn't bear it anymore. I needed to get back. To be cradled by the cool and welcoming darkness.

No! A voice, Raven's voice told me. Think about Bonnie. Think about Cap! They need you, Chloe!

Raven was right. I needed to get back to them. To tell them that everything was going to be okay.

So I got the strength to move. With all of my might I crawled towards the door as the fire's heat grew worse and worse, hotter and hotter.

I reached for the knob, the heat of the metal burning right through my flesh.

I turned the knob and my eyes shot open.

"Welcome back, Chloe," a masculine voice greeted me.

Cap? No not Cap. Someone else. Think, Chloe. Who was it?No. No it couldn't be.

Then his features became crystal clear, clearer than I'd ever seen. His cropped hair, a magnificent, darkened blond; skin kissed by the sun and eyes a breathtaking diamond grey. My heart beat rapidly.

"Cam?"

"Hello, Chloe," a feminine voice.

"Meghan?"

"Chloe, I see we meet again," Cam started.

"You really didn't think you'd get rid of me that easily, Chloe?" Meghan followed.

I gulped hard.

Crap.

THE END

a/n

And You though i was done with them

- D

_________________________

haha anyway so the first bookis done! let me know if you'd like me to continue the story (it shall be titled Beautiful Undead)  and it'll be really appreciated if you could give a review on the entire book.

thanks to all who read this far, i owe my life to you. okay not thaat much but it was an honor to write for you beautiful people

 - D