Chapter 28: Aradicus

Aradicus

My lips parted to release a terror-filled scream as Damian was thrown to the opposite end of the room.

"Cap, no!" I yelled out in desperation.

"Chloe, leave!" They yelled simultaneously. Cap's yell was out of rage but Damian's out of cautiousness.

"No Damian I can't just leave you alone - Cap!"

"Leave Chloe I can take care of myself!"

Conflicted, an image of Bonnie tied up on a chair like me flashed through my mind. Damian was right, I needed to get Bonnie and get out of here.

I turned and headed for the door. Glad I finally had the sense to wear sensible shoes, I ran through the dimly lit hallway until I reached a closed white door, the paint unfolding from the wood.

"Bonnie!" I yelled out.

When no sound came from the room, I continued down the hallway, continuing to call out Bonnie's name.

I could here a muffled yell as I passed one of the doors. I turned around and walked back towards it, my hand gripping the doorknob as I reached it.

"Bonnie!" I yelled once again before my call was answered with another muffled scream.

I turned the knob, surprised that it wasn't unlocked, and was greeted by the site of my bloodied best friend.

She looked awful: sweat glistened on her skin, body covered with dried blood and healing scabs. She too, was was strapped onto a chair, hands and feet tied together and mouth gagged. But where I could see, Bonnie's eyes where blinded by a black tape.

I rushed over towards her and released the gag from her mouth. Tears ran from her eyes as I removed the tape form her eyes, relief washing over her face as she saw it was me.

"Bonnie! What happened?" I asked.

"Oh Chloe it was awful!" She told me, voice shaking in fear.

"Wait, I'm gonna get you out of here," I told her as I searched the dull green room.

Glad when I conveniently found a bloodied switchblade at the corner of the room, I rushed back to my friend's back to release her from her prison.

I cut the rope by her feet first, chuckling humorlessly when I noticed her Christian Louboutin heals, now covered in dirt and dried blood.

As I my hands moved to release the binds from her arms a cold chill ran past my neck. It made me stop for a second and turn around to see nothing but the dull green wall.

I inhaled and tried to wash the sickening feeling of terror away as I cut the rope, releasing her hands. I stood up and helped Bonnie get up before we walked towards the door.

"Oh Chloe!" Bonnie yelled, tears falling mercilessly from her eyes. "I never thought I'd get out alive! I never thought I'd see you again!"

"Oh, Bon! It's been so hard without you!" I told her, hugging my friend tightly in the hallway.

The light above us flickered lightly making the pace of my heart pick up.

"Leaving so soon?" A voice from behind me spoke, making the tiny hairs on my back stand.

Terror arose in Bonnie's eyes and she immediately stepped back. I turned my head back to see Mr. I'm About To Kill You return from the dead.

A mauliscous smile spread across his dangerous features as he played with the switchblade that used to be in my back pocket. I gulped hard. How did he get it if I felt nothing?

A menacing laugh escaped him, "Please, won't you stay?" He asked and the lights flicked off.

My heart raced maniacally and I clutched Bonnie's hand, the force of my grip letting blood fall from her palm. The hair raising coldness breathed across my skin once again and I felt for the wall, trying to maneuver around the hallway with blinded eyes.

I turned successfully and began walking feverishly, trying to it make to stairs I knew would come eventually.

"Boo!" The man said as he flicked before my vision, appearing from the blue.

I screamed out in fear and ran with Bonnie as the lights flicked back on. I ran down the stairs as a violent need to escape this House of Horrors alive surged through me.

We made it to the bottom of the stairs when he appeared at the top of the staircase, horrific smile clearly displayed on his face.

"Bonnie, I want you to get out of here and run!"

"But Chlo!"

"No Bon I'm tired of running away from him! This ends here!" I told Bonnie but looked at him. His smile spread wider.

"Chloe I -"

"Bonnie leave! I wouldn't be able to cope if he hurt you any more than he already has! It's me he wants, you can still get out!"

"But Chlo you're my best friend! I can't just-"

"You can! Bon I love you, and I want you to leave. To survive!"

"But Chlo!"

"Bonnie!" I yelled and as if on cue, the door flung open, threw Bonnie out and closed again.

"Hmmm, touching," the man whispered into my ear, somehow able to reach me in split-seconds.

I flung my hands out and he fell back. Realizing the opportunity, I raced for the door on the corner of the entrance hall in a bid to get away from him as fast as humanly possible.

I thought you weren't going to run, he thought to me. I shivered with unease as I realized he had access to my thoughts.

I ran into a dilapidated kitchen in the house and searched frivolously for a knife of any kind, shivering when I saw the switchblade lying on the island in the middle of the room.

Looking around for my killer, I hesitantly walked to the island and grabbed the switchblade from the counter and head for the back door.

To my luck, the door was unlocked and I ran out, tripping on my own feet as I reached the gravel of the backyard. I looked back as I laid on the floor, gasping when I saw what the madhouse was.

It was the Victorian mansion I saw in my dreams. It was Cap's mansion. The one I died several times in. This psycho had a twisted mind.

Reluctant to repeat the past, I ran toward the picket fence and jumped over it. I turned my head to see the man's face starring at me psychotically from one of the windows in the second story.

Lighting cracked through the clouds and seconds later merciless thunder broke the silence.

My chest heaved violently as I ran through the thick forest. I had to get out of here so why did I think it was a good idea to run through a forest? Every horror movie I watched never ended well in forests.

I tried washing the negative thoughts away because I didn't need them clouding my logic. Something told me there was a place I could hide not to far away. What that something was I didn't know, but it's not like I had a buffet of choices.

I ran past the final thicket of trees and jumped over another picket fence as I entered the yard of the abandoned hall. The same hall in my memories where Cap danced with Esmerelda, Elizabeth and Raven. The same hall he died and became a vampire in.

Trying to ignore the cold shiver that ran through me, and the warning bells that rang in the back of my mind, I stepped onto the grey hall's porch, it's large pillars towering menacingly over me. Lightly, I opened the doors, stepped in and closed the doors behind me.

The hall looked disheveled and lifeless. But the lack of life in the house was shortly lived as the doors flew open and my killer stood behind me.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced, Chloe." The man said in a mischievous voice. "I'm Aradicus, and I'll be the death of you this evening!"