Chapter 17: I Warned You

I Warned You

"Oh my God, Bonnie!" I said when I saw Bonnie in tears as I walked into her lavender colored room.

"Tyler broke up with me..." She said as I walked over to her bed and hugged he tightly.

"Why? Like, what happened? I didn't even know you two were serious."

"Well, technically we're not, well, weren't serious. But still, Chlo..."

"So then what were y'all?"

"You know when you were still going crazy with Cap and Damian drama?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, we were kinda having a thing on the side."

"And you neglected to tell me about this 'thing'?"

"Well, I didn't want to give your dramatic life any more drama than it already has."

"Aw, Bon. So, what happened between you two? What did he say?"

Bonnie shook her head before she spoke, her eyes welling up with tears. "He came over and was, like, we need to talk."

"And that's never a good thing."

"Right? So anyway, I was, like, okay we can talk. And we sat on the couch, he put his hand on my thigh and looked into my eyes and said: Look, Bon. I've been having fun with this... thing. But, I don't think I'm good for you."

"Pshd..." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, just what I was thinking. But anyway, so I asked what was he trying to say. I mean, I knew where he was going to, but it's just... just that I didn't see it coming. We were having so much fun. And just when I was developing genuine feelings for him, he uses the old 'it's not you, it's me'."

"Oh my God, Bon. I'm so sorry. Tyler doesn't deserve you, he doesn't."

"I know, Chlo. No guy does and yet that doesn't matter. No matter how much you try not to let it happen, they creep into your heart then trash it like it was some cheap motel."

I sat on my bed thinking about what Bonnie had said. She was right. I mean, at first I didn't want Cap in my life, let alone my heart. And now I was in love with him. And who knew what that would do to me, because I knew for a fact that my heart could be ripped apart by Cap. But I also knew that he'd never intentionally hurt me, even though in the past his actions hurt me more than I'd ever been hurt in my life.

Because of the whole Bonnie thing, the feeling of immense fear had subsided. But now that I was home, but not technically alone, the feeling hit me again.

I shut my eyes and tried to sleep and to ignore the cold sweat that ran over my forehead. I was tired and emotional so the fear had every chance to knock me off the edge. And by the time I had no energy left in me and I'd fallen asleep, the fear hit me like a lightning bolt, sending what I hoped was just my imagination running wild.

I was standing in a grove in front of a large two-story, ragged-looking Victorian house, the yellow paint chipping off the wall and white wooden porch worn out.

Slowly I walked towards the house, vintage Chanel pumps creaking on the wooden steps. I gulped as my hands reached out for the chipped doorknob and turned it slowly, watching the door creak open. Trying to ignore the fear that threatened ever so silently to topple me over, I walked into the dark, lightless room, briefly illuminated by the full moon's dominating glow.

Feeling around the room with my hands, I found myself walking into a room in the spacious house. Dimly lit by a slowly fading candle light, I could see dark maroon splatters of dried blood across the peach colored walls, its wooden paneling showing the ghastly blood most prominent.