Chapter 7: Double Date Night

Double Date Night

By Friday the entire school had known about the big ‘Chloe vs. Meghan showdown in drama’. The story had been told and sent around so much that by the time Bonnie told me what she heard I was flabbergasted.

“Chlo, I can’t believe you came at Meghan with a knife!” she said, her brown eyes looking at me in disbelief. I for one couldn’t believe Meghan had been somehow been made into the victim when it was the other way around.

“I did not come at Meghan with a knife!”

“Then Meghan came at you with a knife?”

“No!”

“Then where does the knife fall in, huh?” she asked, actually tapping her heel on the floor.

“There was no knife!” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Then, what happened? Stories like that don’t just come about out of thin air! Why were you with Meghan at Mr. O'Conner’s office, anyway?”

“I jumped Meghan,” I said in a timid part-ashamed-part-proud voice.

“You jumped Meghan! And it’s not that I disapprove, but, why?”

“Because, because she called you and Cap freaks.” I shouldn’t have said Cap’s name, maybe she didn’t hear me right.

“She called me a freak! Why that skanky –”

“Bonnie, it’s okay. I dealt with it. Oh yeah, I'm joining you in therapy next week.”

“You are?”

“Yeah, Mr. O'Conner’s strict orders. He said he’d had enough of our ‘bitching’.”

Our bitchin’?” she said, her eyes widening in utter disbelief. Bonnie continued rambling on and on about whatever, but I was too distracted by Cap to care.

He looked over towards us, his hand taking out some books from his locker. I smiled warmly and for the first time, he didn’t dismiss it. Instead, he gave me a sexy crooked smile that made my heart melt and my cheeks flush. Personally, I was glad we didn’t have to walk far to walk past him, but our heads did turn to look at each other one more time after I passed him.

The rest of the day went quite fast, and for the first biology period since Cap’s arrival, I didn’t feel like I was one of the bacteria Ms. Kay talked so much about. He actually leaned in towards me when we needed to check under the same microscope. I was glad Bonnie and Meghan were too busy having silent wars to care about what was happening between him and me. I actually didn’t want to leave biology when school ended.

So school had been a nice few hours, but that didn’t mean tonight was gonna be a blast. Especially since I still had Cap on my mind. I knew what I was doing was unfair to Damian, but I couldn’t control what I was thinking, right? And every time I thought about Cap, I made excuses that the thought was harmless and innocent. If only I was a good self-liar.

I stood in front of the mirror looking at my reflection and wondered if I maybe overdid it. I was dressed understated enough in a black Alexander Wang draped-front goddess dress, sexy black strappy Christian Louboutin Amber heels, a black and gold Kenneth Jay Lane pyramid cuff. My makeup was just enough to look like I tried, the dark mascara bringing out my clover eyes and pink gloss giving my lips a seductive edge, but not too much that it looked like I tried too hard and my hair was tied in a fashionable high ponytail. When I was sure I looked my best for a date, I grabbed my lavender Yves Saint Laurent medium leather tote and walked out the door.

My weariness eased a degree as Bonnie and I walked into a swanky looking restaurant in the heart of Marketa. Bonnie was looking desirable in a black Lanvin sculptural dress, black patent leather peep-toe Dolce and Gabbana heels and a bright blue Bottega Veneta top-handle bag. I had no doubt it was just another seductive scheme to pull Tyler in. Her Versace cologne added to her allure.