Chapter 27: Kidnapped

Kidnapped

   June 18th 2011

My eyes opened to darkness.

Panic filled me as I recalled my last few thoughts. Someone had kidnapped me, I could feel it. I tried steadying my breaths, my nose crinkling at the god-awful stench.

I inhaled and closed my eyes, and tried regaining my sanity. I was sitting on a cold, metal chair. My arms were bound by a rope that was tied too tightly. The same thing applied to my legs a waist. I tried wiggling out but I was stuck. There was no way I was getting out if someone didn't want me to.

Paranoid, I began thinking of the place I was in. In my mind I pictured walls splattered with blood and bodies lying haphazardly on the floor, mutilated. It wasn't a pretty picture, I can tell you that.

Sweat dripped down my face as I tried slowing down the pace of my manic heart. This was my fault, all of it. It was my fault I was stuck in God knows where, and be used for God knows what. I feared my life.

I'd fallen for a vampire. And not the text book vampire who wore capes and was terrifiedof vegetables and vitamin D like Dracula. Nor did I fall for a sparkler like Edward (thank God). I'd fallen for a vampire with issues. A vampire with a past, a horrible, viscous, violent past where I ended up dying because of him. And on this date. June the 18th. I can't even begin to tell you how unsettling that thought was.

But I accepted him as he was, no questions asked. And then he broke my heart. No, wait, that was a gross understatement. What he did was take my heart, cradled it until it trusted him, and then threw it onto the floor and trampled it until it was nothing but vessel, unable to feel any positive emotion.

Yes, this was my fault. If only I'd listened to them: Bonnie (who I prayed was okay), Damian, Meghan, myself. If only I'd ignored my heart and thought with my head. That's the problem. From a baby I'd been taught to follow my heart. And just look where that got me. Thanks a lot Disney.

 But now it was too late for 'if only's. It was too late to think about what I could've or would've done differently in the past. Now I had to think about surviving.

But then again, why would I want to survive, anyway? Why would I want to go back to a soulless lifestyle, waiting for my Jacob to at least bring some joy to life? Why would I want to live if I couldn't have him? How would I go on with my daily life after this. My best friend was missing, my ex-boyfriend hated me, my greatest frenemy was dead and the love of my life, my only source of joy, my soul mate was gone, said that he didn't love me. How could I live when my source of life had left me. Without Cap I'm nothing. I should be begging them to kill me.

As if on cue, the florescent light flickered, revealing my pale skin of my legs, splattered with my blood. I looked up and was taken back by the simplicity of the room. Though the rancid stench remained, there was no mutilated bodies on the wall, nor was there blood on the wall. In fact the painted walls were a dull sea green and linoleum floor a dull white.

The golden knob turned slowly, picking up the shortly-lived steady pace of my heart. I struggled to take my hands out of the rope, the action drawing out blood but not freeing them. Heck, it didn't even budge.

I bit hard on the gag in my mouth as the door opened slowly, as if to increase dramatictension. All that was short was a dun-dun-dun-duhh as my imprisoner's face appeared. It was Damian.

I know, big shocker there. But I can honestly say I was truly astonished and... betrayed. If you told me two months ago that I'd be kidnapped by Damian I would have laughed.

A cocky smile appeared on his ragged looking, demented face, sending icy chills through me.

"You should've chosen me, Chloe. You should've chosen me!" He yelled, the tone sending shudders through me. He looked awful. I couldn't believe did this to him.

He walked over to me and yanked the gag from my mouth. I screamed out in pain.

A malevolent laugh escaped his mouth and he said, "You should've chosen me, you dirty little slut." I gasped and cringed away simultaneously. That hurt like a mother. This was just too much.

"Damian, I -"

"Shut up, bitch!" He demanded as he grabbed my hair, the force of his pull drawing blood.

Damian stopped at once and sniffed at the air, mesmerized by whatever he smelled. My eyes widened in bewilderment. That was just too weird.

Damian's hand released my hair and he set his finger, laced with my spilled blood, into his mouth. He shuddered in pleasure and his canines elongated. That one over there drew another gasp.

Damian was a vampire.

But how? I was sure he was human. Unless, unless he was turned. He was acting strange and maniacal lately. How come Bella didn't go through this shit?

"Shut up, bitch!" Damian commanded, backhanding me hard. I screamed at the force of his slap. His hands smacked onto my mouth and he said, "I said shut it!"

He inched closer to me and I inched back. Not aware of my disapproval of his closeness, Damian released his sweaty hands from my mouth and kissed me, long and hard. I just sat there as he kissed me, hunger emanating from him.

He released my lips and slit his wrist. "Drink!" He commanded.

Fearing that he'd hurt me again of I refused, I hesitantly placed my lips onto his wrist and began to suck. The taste was that same coppery sweetness that filled me like Cap's but was mixed with fear and uncertainty. I dug into his mind. He was supposed to hurt me and violate me, I could feel someone planting in the thoughts subliminally. Hurt her like she hurt you, it told him. Get rid of her. Drink her dry.   

But Damian didn't want to hurt me. Deep inside his vampire enraged hormones I could feel the old Damian trying to fight against his suitor's strings. I just needed to get to that part and convince him that he didn't need to do this.

Just as I got close to the Damian I knew, the door banged open.

"Get off of her!" I could hear Cap's enraged voice command Damian.

No! Not yet! Damian thought. Damian released his wrist from my mouth but before he involuntarily released me he thought, Chloe get out. Run. There's someone here who's hell-bent on killing you. Hell-bent on making Cap suffer. But before you go, try to find Bonnie. He has her somewhere in here. Chloe you have to go, the awful things he's done to Bonnie. I tried to stop him. But I couldn't. It's like he has some hold on me, like he can control me like a string puppet. If he does this to us, God only knows what he might do to you. Run. Survive. I love you, Chloe.