Chapter 16: Taunted

Taunted

I was still hung up on making my ex-boyfriend cry, so imagine my surprise when I saw Cap on my porch, waiting for me.

Sigh, couldn’t a girl have a heart wrenching breakup with one boy one day, and worry about what to do about the other one the next? This was just too much for one day – just too many emotions, even for me.

“Chloe.” He said, hugging me tightly.

“Cap… I chose you,” I told him, kissing his tender lips softly. Even that small of a kiss sent me a journey like no other.

“I know, Bonnie told me. Well, after she threatened to kill me if I ever hurt you again.” He said, the crooked smile he gave only me tingeing at the edge of his lips.

“That my Bonnie. And don’t think she’s lying. One time, Damian forgot our anniversary and she tased him when he came over,” Cap gave me a skeptical you-have-to-be-kidding-me look, “no, really.” he looked wary.

“Well, then I’ll treated you like royalty.” He said, gently kissing me.

“You better!” Bonnie yelled from the second-story balcony. I gave her the finger and she gasped loudly. Cap laughed and kissed me again.

“I want to show you somethin’,” Cap said before he led me to his black Jeep. Y heart thudded. I let the heart-wrenching Damian thoughts stay at the very back of my mind, and tucked it in the I’ll-stress-about-this-later compartment.

It was kinda surreal to be in his Jeep again, considering that I’d thought on that Saturday night I’ll never see him again. The black leather smell flooded my senses as my body molded with the comfortable seats.

Cap took me to his home, a two-story mansion on one of the hills in South Marketa. The mansion had an interesting Grecian architecture, large white pillars stretching from the roof to the front porch. The house was cream-beige color with a dark pale blue roof, white window paneling and a white-framed two-door door. Cap parked in the driveway and led me to the door like only a gentleman could, my eyes connecting with his.

Inside was even more mystical. As soon as we entered the house my eyes were flooded with different painting, sculptures and intriguing décor. The entrance hall was very royal-like with mahogany wooden paneling across ivory-colored walls, a large crystal chandelier hung on the second-story ceiling which looked like a painting in itself. in front of us was a large mahogany and red carpet staircase that led to the second story, the staircase looked like the ones you always saw in majestic palaces, or in one of Disney’s classic princess movies. To the ends of the staircase were breathtaking sculptures of the Grecian goddess Aphrodite. Large tied-up, red curtains with lark brown fringes covered the large windows and added to the royal feel of this one room.

“Wow,” was all I could manage to say as I stood dead still, admiring the beauty of this breathtaking entrance hall that made mine look like child’s play.

“It use to belong to my parents,” he said, with a smile on his face, his eyes never leaving my face.

“Use to?” I asked, unsure of what Cap was telling me.

“Yes, they were killed a long time ago by a beast,” he said with a tinge of pain and shame in his voice.

“Oh,” I said. “I'm sorry to hear about that.

“It’s okay, really it is. It took me a long time to get over what happened with them, which is why I moved to Washington when it happened. But, now that I've got you, I think I'm finally beginning to heal.” He told me, his black diamond eyes filled with hurt. I squeezed his hand.