30. Guts

~Ethen's P.O.V~

"You finally grew a pair and asked her out?" Jesse chuckled. "Its about time."

"Yup. Now its your turn." I turned Jesse around to face Malory. She was leaning against the wall talking to Lexi.

He shook his head rapidly. "Nuh uh."

"C'mon dude, she has you whipped." Austin cut in.

"Does not."

"Ya right. That's why when I said that I met this really hot girl named Melony, you tackled me to the ground because you thought I said Malory."

I laughed. "Seriously?"

"Ya, he went full on ninja. I have the scar to prove it." Austin lifted up the sleeve to his T-shirt revealing a white line on his shoulder. "Dude you have sharp nails."

We laughed, "oh, stop it." Jesse waved his hand and flipped his imaginary hair.

"Just go over there and ask her out." I slapped his butt making him jump forward.

I raised my hand to give Austin a high five. He raised his hand, looked at my hand, and slowly put down his hand. "Dude, I don't wanna slap his butt."

I grunted and turned to Jesse walking over to Malory. "Twenty bucks she'll say yes." I nudged Austin's shoulder.

"Your on." Austin smirked.

~Jesse's P.O.V~

I walked up to Malory and Lexi talking, wiping my hands on my pants because their really sweaty. I stood in front of Mal and Lexi, and they didn't even notice me.

I cleared my throat, "um, Malory, can I talk to you for a second?" I got both of their attention, Lexi smirked.

"Sure, what's up?" Malory said calmly.

Lexi walked away with a big smile on her face. After a couple embarrassing seconds, I finally got the guts to speak. "Hey, uh. . . so, um, okay." This is harder than it looks, "will you go out with me?"

I held my breath, waiting for her to answer. "Where? I have a free period next period."

My stomach tightened, "um, not that. Will you be my girlfriend?"

She tapped her chin, like it was nothing. Like this thing happens to her regularly. "I'll answer when we don't have an audience." She pointed over my shoulder. I turned my head, to see Lexi, Austin, and Ethen watching us at a table. And not to my surprise, $20 on the table.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed her hand to lead her to my 'secret hideout'.

"The auditorium?" Malory asked.

"Ya, its my thinking place. Just wait, I'll show you something you've never seen before." I walked up to the booth, where all the lights are controlled.

"I've been here before." She stated, "I worked on the school play here last year."

"Oh, well, you just take the romance out of everything, don't you?" I sarcastically remarked.

She just shrugged her shoulders. "So, I guess you must be dying for an answer."

I nodded my head.

"Well, I do like you." She started. By her tone, I already knew her answer. "Count. Me. Out."

My stomach just got so much more smaller. "What?" I stumbled out the words. I held my breath, its a thing I do to calm myself.

"I just don't wanna be one of your little hores." She shrugged her shoulders, "it's not me. It's you."

With that, she walked out of the booth. I just stood there, unable to breath. Like seriously, I've been holding my breath for so long I think I'm suffocating. Also there is this voice in my head telling me not to let all the air in. If I do, then I will be letting in all the pain that comes with it. My vision became blurry. Eventually, everything became black.

A/N:
Cliff hanger!
I have a picture at the top of Jesse.
I know that this chapter is short, but its just a filler.
Did you like it?
Tell me what you thought in the Comments.
Don't forget to Vote.
Share.
Follow.
Etc...
Again, thank you everybody for reading, voting, and commenting.
Bye, love y'all!