9. First Kiss

A/N
This chapter is longer than others. Its about 2k words.

~Lexi's POV~

"Fine, let's do this." I turned around from walking to the truck to find Ethen and that guy Jimmy flexing there muscles and staring at each other hatefully.

'Uh oh' they were gonna pounce on each other. I don't know who will win. I've never experienced either one fight before. They were both pretty good in the muscle department.

Luckily Tim jumped in before anything serious happened, "Hey, hey, hey, hey. Not here." He put up both hands so he was blocking each other, he looked like one of those people who control traffic.

Jimmy's friends pulled him back by his shoulders and brought him to his car. Trying to calm him down. But he kept looking back at Ethen. Ethen just stood there watching him as the car left the parking lot. Then he relaxed his shoulders. And put the tailgate down on the back of his truck and sat down.

The rest of the guys surrounded him. I awkwardly tagged along. Didn't know what to do or say. I could have witnessed a person having to be sent to the hospital. But I couldn't think about that right now.

"Man, what were you thinking?" Austin asked.

"I don't know." He stared blankly at the ground. Barley moving his lips. He took shaky breaths.

"If it helps, I was betting on you." Jesse said trying to lighten the mood. It must have worked because there was a faint smile on his lips.

"Now let's get out of here. Can we head to your place? Its just closer." Jesse asked Ethen. He nodded in response. They must have forgotten about me. 'Wow, thanks I appreciate it.'

"What about Lexi?" Austin pointed at me. Everyone looked at me and then to Ethen as if asking if it was ok if I were to come to his house.

"If she don't mind I don't care." He jumped in his truck. I went into the passenger seat. "Fine with me I guess." I buckled up and he backed out and we headed to his house.

***

It only took about 15 minutes to get to Ethen's house. He had a nice house for the most part. Just a regularly normal 2 story house. Nothing fancy. When we walked in the guys just sat down on the couch like they owned the place, while I slowly walked in and took in my surroundings.

"I want pizza. You guys want pizza?" Ethen asked holding up his phone.

"Of course you do." He started dialing and ordered our pizza while the guys and I sat on the couch watching a football game on the TV.

"Why were you and Ethen at the diner together when we got there?" Jesse asked once Ethen was out of the room.

"Chemistry project. Were partners." I gave my focus back onto the TV. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jesse and Austin staring at me. Tim was in the kitchen grabbing a drink or something.

"That is the cheesiest excuse ever." Austin smirked. "That's what they always say when they are trying to cover up a date."

"Don't believe me? Ask Ethen. He'll tell you the same thing." I sat down on the other couch opposite the guys were sitting on. Finally getting comfy I laid my legs on the couch.

Ethen walked in the room with Tim holding a couple drinks. "Ask me what?"

"Why you and Lexi were at the diner together." Jesse answered.