3. New Girl

~Lexi's POV~

The next day I went to school avoiding as many people as I could. I wasn't sure if the word got out yet, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to know.

During lunch I sat with Malory, at the same table we sat at yesterday, and I couldn't help but peer over to Ethen and his friends while they talked and laughed and threw food at each other.

Malory must have seen me staring at the guys because she looked over at them and rolled her eyes, "Why do you have such an interest with those jerks?"

I haven't told her about the incident in gym yesterday. I didn't want to tell her why he confronted me. Instead of answering her question, I just kept looking, just waiting for Jesse to come over here and do something scary. I started thinking of the things he could do to me, like hitting me back, telling a teacher, or sending over one of his buddies to do it for him. The list could go on.

"Don't know." Was all I could say.

The bell rang, everyone got up and headed to their next class. I tried to keep and eye on Jesse and his other friends, but I lost him in the swarm of people. "Hey, Jacobs!" Called a voice from the crowd.

I looked around and didn't see any familiar faces, although no faces were familiar to me yet. So I ignored it and headed to my locker. Once I opened it and started to reach for my next class's books, it was closed on me. Sorry not closed, slammed. "Hey!" I looked to see who the fudge almost cut my fingers off. Ethen. Although I didn't recognise any faces yet, I recognised his off the bat, bright blue eyes, and dirty blonde hair.

"What? Are you gonna slap me too?" He said in a rather snippy tone.

I could feel my eyes start to sting. I tried to hide it. "Maybe I will." I bit back. It actually felt rather good, but that sting in my eyes was still there.

"Bet you don't have the nerve new girl" I could feel a tear running down my face.

I looked at the ground trying to hide my crying but I couldn't help it. I HATED nick names. Why was I even attracted to him? I slightly looked up to see if he was gonna hit me or something. He knew he hit a nerve. But how did he know I hated that? Apparently he didn't because he looked a little shocked that I was crying. He tried to put his hand close to my face but I turned away towards my locker behind me.

I opened my locker again and grabbed the books that I needed for the next class when the warning bell rang. I started to feel more tears run down my face. I tried to walk to my next class but a hand grabbed my wrist again.

I looked back to Ethen who had no emotion on his face, as usual, then back to his hand around my wrist. I kept looking back and forth at his hand and him so he would get the hint. After a while he finally got the hint and let go. "Sorry" he looked to the floor, and I could see a light shade of pink on his cheeks. Was he blushing?

"I need to get to class" I said awkwardly.

I booked it to my next class. 'Malory was right, he is a jerk!' I thought to myself. Then the bell rang.

Once I got to my class room door, after wiping away most of the tears, it was locked. I knocked on the door and the teacher saw me and looked through the window of the door and said, "your late. You can't come in. You have detention with me tomorrow after school. You must go to the main office to report why you are late." The teacher finished and walked back to their desk and sat down.

Ugh, why me? "Guess I'm not the only one" said a voice from down the hall coming towards me. Malory. You have no idea how happy I was to see her right now.
I ran to her and embraced her in a huge, long, comfy hug.
Once I pulled away she took in my appearances, "why are you crying?" She said grasping my shoulders so we were arm length away from each other. "Long story" I said sniffing and wiping away stray tears.

"You were right," I said sitting on one of the benches in the main office after explaining why we were late to the main office people.

"About Ethen, he is a jerk."

"What did that pinhead do now?" She said sitting down next to me.

"He called me new girl" I sniffled. Malory furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Honestly I don't even know why I cried, but I did and now I made a complete fool of myself in front of the most popular guy in school." Somehow she understood what I said and nodded her head. She is a great listener.

"Where are you from again?" She asked like it was part of a clue to a mystery.

"North Carolina. Why?"

"No reason" there was too a reason. I hate it when people do that. 'Oh no reason, your just going to plumit to your death, nothing that you should worry about'.

***

~Ethen's POV~

After I had said those harsh words in the hall to Lexi, I instantly regretted it. I hate it when I make people cry. I try not to but , I can't explain it, but its like 'it' is taking over.

It was like I was a different person. I couldn't control myself. 'Every time!'

I wanted to confront her about hitting Jesse, because he told me today at lunch what happened, he wouldn't say what they were arguing about before he grabbed her wrist and she slapped him, but Jesse made it sound like it was all Lexi's fault and she should be punished. I don't know what came over me, I've never done that to a girl before. Ugh, I hate my family for this awful curse! I hate seeing girls who I could have a nice future with, be pushed away.

I just made it to class on time. I had History. I didn't pay any attention to what the teacher was lecturing us about, all I could think about was Lexi. What I said to her, how I made her cry, wait, how did saying 'bet you don't have the nerve new girl' make her cry? Was it because I implied that she was weak, or that I called her new girl? I don't understand chicks. It must be a hormonal thing.

Do I see a future with her? I mean she has beautiful light brown hair. Also she has nice brown eyes that sparkle when she smiles. But that will never happen, I can't deal with any heartbreaks.

I grew up without a dad. My mom had said that he left before I was born. She was devastated. I don't know who he is, mom won't describe him, all that I know about him is that he passed the curse down to me. Which makes me hate him even more, for leaving me, and giving me this curse.

A/N
I gave you an idea of what goes on in Ethen's head. Hope you liked it. I updated two days in a row. Wow. Well, love y'all. See ya later. Vote, Comment or Share this if you liked it! I tried my best to make this chapter longer, but I didn't want to reveal too much.