10. Potty Break

~Lexi's POV~

The next morning I wake up to my alarm clock going off. I hit the off button and roll off my bead. "Ouch!" I hit my head off the corner of my night stand. I get up off the floor and head down stairs to get some breakfast. I grabbed a bagel and a water from the fridge. I quickly eat and head up stairs and into the shower.

After I was done with my shower I grabbed some jeans and a shirt and a sweatshirt when my phone went off. I looked to see who was texting me this early in the morning to see it was from Ethen.
Ethen: hey what's up?

Oh. I see how it is. He's avoiding what happened yesterday. Its ok. Its probably an uncomfortable subject for him or something. So I finished getting dressed and texted him back.
Me: hey. Nothing much. How about you?

Ethen: just getting ready for school. Do you need a ride?

Me: no. Sorry I'm just heading out now. Do you need a ride?

Ethen: sure why not

We ended talking and I headed to his house.

Luckily I remembered how to get to his house. He was waiting outside, sitting on the freshly cut grass. I love the smell of fresh cut grass. He got up and hopped in the passengers seat. "Hey thanks."

"That's what I'm here for" I started to back out of the drive way when he yelled, "WAIT!" I quickly stepped on the breaks jerking us forward.

"What?" I asked him, but he had already hopped out of the truck and was heading to his house.

When he came back out of his house he was holding a book bag. That looked a lot like mine. "You forgot your bag here last night." He handed me my back pack I forgot because Tim was rushing me to go when he wanted to drop me off at my house and he kissed me . . .

I had almost forgotten about that. I could feel my face flush a light pink and my stomach started to knot. "Thanks" I said sheepishly. I set the bag in the back seat.

I turned on the radio to country. But I forgot that Ethen doesn't like country. So he changed the station to pop. So I changed it back to country. We kept at this until we got to school. After threatening to bite him, he stopped changing the stations and put his hands up in surrender.
I smiled in satisfaction. We both got out of the truck and I locked it.

When we rounded a corner, a fist flew out of no where and hit Ethen square in the jaw. I screamed and jumped back. But then running to Ethen when he landed on the floor. "Oh my god!" He was moaning and clenching his jaw.

I looked up to see who it was that his him, expecting to see Jimmy, I saw Tim.

"What the hell?!" I yelled at him. I got up so I wasn't crouching next to Ethen. I faced Tim. Hatred was all I was feeling for him right now. "What did you do that for?!" I demanded. I glanced back at Ethen. He was starting to get up.

"Stay away from her. Everyone that I like, you play. You steal all of my crushes, girlfriends, and you even stole my sister. Your not going to steal Lexi. Not this time." Tim yelled over my head. I looked back–up– (because of our height differences) to see Ethen already recovered and standing behind me in a fighting position.